Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Upgrading to 1.6.5 "not possible to delete xxx.php"

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by WCMCC
Joomla Ver: 1.5.23
PHP 5.2.11
re: recent request to upgrade Kunena to 1.6.5 from 1.5.4
when trying to upload & Install I get the following:

"It was not possible to copy the selected file.
JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /home/xxxxx/public_html/tmp/install_4e99854bb5e80/api.php to /home/xxxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'COPYRIGHT.php'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'CHANGELOG.php'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'router.php'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'kunena.php'

found the files in the C-panel all set to 0777
Can't remove them "permission denied"
(No idea what FTP is, if that's going to be relevant)
Any direction greatly apprecited. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by Matias
Try to uninstall and install again. That usually fixes permission issues like this (all distribution files get deleted).

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by WCMCC
Un-installed 1.5.4
Any attempts to install 1.6.5 or even 1.7 Fail with:

JFTP::store: Bad response
JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /home/xxxxx/public_html/tmp/install_4e9b5c2d0b464/api.php to /home/xxxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php
JFTP::delete: Bad response

Restored site to earlier date: No change

Forum is practically empty, no issues with re-starting from scratch (Linked with Community builder)
Have contact with Web Site initiator, but priority is way down the list ... may be better to wait ?

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by 810

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by WCMCC
JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected
Unable to create destination

further down...
Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Offset not contained in string in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 325

Sorry ... feeling stupid now :(

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by 810
please check dir permissions:

backend-help-system info- Directory Permissions

check that all maps are green (Writable)

regards 810

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by WCMCC
Thanks 810 ... all permissions are writeable
also checked files listed in the report and they are set to 0777.
As mentioned, the forum (Currently broken & off line) has so few posts, I could wipe the lot without an issue.
But the system won't even allow me to do that.

Have access to CPanel, MyPHP, and site Admin.
If none of these enable me to remove, delete and re-install the latest Rev, I will endevour to contact my Site developer and get back up the priority list.

(My issue... I'm learning, with too much access and maybe too little knowlege)

More
12 years 6 months ago #8 by 810
As a general rule no file should be set to 777 which gives read write execute to not only the owner but Group and Other as well. As a general rule folders should be 755, files should be 644

More
12 years 4 months ago #9 by WCMCC
I do appologise for resurrecting this thread in relation to my Kunena installation.
I have not been able to resolve this issue no matter what I try.

I have un-installed Ver: 1.5.4
and whatever I try to install after this, I just get:

It was not possible to copy the selected file.
JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /home/xxxxx/public_html/tmp/install_4ede705bacf8c/com_kunena_v1.7.0_b5135_2011-08-29[1]/api.php to /home/xxxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'COPYRIGHT.php'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'CHANGELOG.php'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'router.php'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'kunena.php'

I have gone to the C-Panel and deleted the files listed.
I've even deleted any folders referencing Com_Kunena under Administration/Components/ and Public_html/Components/

Still no use, and whenever I revisit the C_Panel all the additional files that I deleted are back again dated with the original install date of 2009
and I can't find api.php anywhere.

I don't need any details or reference from the orig set up, but I can't even start from scratch. All permissions are OK and writeable.
Last chance or no forum ... its just annoying me now.
:(

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
Matias wrote (in msg #2) that these error messages point to a folder/file permissions issue. I agree with him. 810 also provided the same advice.

It seems, from your last message, that you are trying to install K 1.7.0. Please don't use that version. K 1.7.1 has been available for nearly one month.

I would not be waiting 2 months for an answer, if this was my website. I would be doing everything possible to resolve the problem as soon as possible or (as you say) go elsewhere and look for a different solution.

It takes less than one hour to create a Joomla website and less than 2 minutes to install Kunena and, in 99% of all cases, if you follow the recommended approach, everything works without having to make a single change to anything. But, like all good buildings, if the foundations are bad your site will crash. I strongly recommend that you very carefully read K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide ... and I hope that some of this information helps you.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds