Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Blank page on update from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by rued
After installing the 1.6.5 version I started the update process, but it turns into a white site (on both Joomla! 1.6.6 and 1.7.0) - tested with both Norwegian and English as default admin language.

Then if I go back in browser, and try to run the update process one more time it results in a Error 500:

Glad we have Akeeba around. ;)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : ja_portfolio | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.0 beta | creationdate: Jan 2011

Kunena default template details : Evolution K1.6 Template | author: TemplateKunena Team | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: 2010-08-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4 | Kunena Login 1.6.4 | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You have the file corrupted components/com_kunena/toolbar.kunena.php, change the installation way if you have used zip, use link for directory.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by xillibit
Try to use an another file format or unzip the package should help

The following user(s) said Thank You: rued

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #4 by rued
Right ... actually I was using the tar.bz2 pack, but when using the zip now it went fine. Except a 500 error about a already exiting menu item for forum, but got past that on next try. :whistle:

Think we need to check if it's something wrong about the tar.bz2, or the way the installer handles it. The server itself shouldn't have any issues packing it out, and tar.bz2 is my first choice for all packs when it's available (have used it for long time in J!1.5).
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by rued.

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by xillibit
This is a bug in Joomla! itself, which causes an unknow error with tar and tar.bz2

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by rued
OK, thanks for the info.
Btw! Do you know if it has been reported/added to the tracker already?

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by xillibit
I had said somthing wrong, it's the way to generate the package but it's not related to Joomla!

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by BigDutch
i also had problem relating to toolbar.kunena.php when upgrading 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 in J!1.7.0.

I had tried to use both the com_kunena_v1.6.5_b5005_2011-07-27.zip and com_kunena_v1.6.5_b5005_2011-07-27.tar.gz directly from the J!1.7.0 extension manager.

With the error still showing on screen i pressed 'back' and was sitting at the 'upgrade kunena' screen during the installation process, i then opened administrator/components/com_kunena/toolbar.kunena.php and found it only went as far as 'case "show' on line 47 rather than the 167 lines in the actual archive. i copied from the archive and pasted to the live file, saved, pressed 'upgrade' again and it went through seemingly fine.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #9 by silberfuchs
I do have the same issue ...tried all file formats to install, including reinstall and new install of Kunena.....i get always the same issue.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /var/www/xxxxxx/administrator/components/com_kunena/toolbar.kunena.php on line 47

Could you please help me?

Update: Solved like BigDutch did it!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by silberfuchs.

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds