Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class smile in C:\xampp\htdocs\acupj\components\com_kunena\template\de

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by capdiy
I have upgraded to the latest version and now get the above error. I am using the JoomlaXTC template "Espresso".

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : jxtc_espresso | author: JoomlaXTC | version: 1.5.1 | creationdate: 2010-11-10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.0.45) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

your help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by capdiy
I installed the login plug in and the problem disappeared !
However I now have another problem: I can't register or log in on the front end?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Please uninstall the "latest posts" module that was designed for K 1.5. Please read the important information in the K 1.6 release notes about trying to use modules that were designed for K 1.5; these modules will not work.

Please read the very important information about legacy mode . It is very important that users eliminate their dependence on legacy mode. K 1.6 has not been tested under legacy mode conditions. We advise people to not use legacy mode.

I hope this helps. :)
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: capdiy

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by capdiy
Thank you!
I disabled "legacy mode", no longer have "latest posts" and have read the 1.6 release notes, but the problem persists! I can log in as admin, but can't create a new user account.
Thanks for any help!

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by capdiy

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by Matias
Unfortunately there's no easy way to make those to work together in Kunena 1.6. This class has been removed from Kunena 2.0, which will work fine.

If you are skilled enough, you can rename one of the classes into something else.

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by capdiy
Thanks for the reply!
Sadly I am not even skilled enough to understand what you mean! Is Kunena 2.0 available and if so should I upgrade to solve the problem?
Thanks again

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by Matias
We are still implementing K2.0 and there's no public release available yet. It will take some time to get it stable, but I'm hoping to install it into my large forum today/tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: capdiy

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by capdiy
any suggestions on what to do in the meanwhile? Uninstall Kunena and wait?

More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds