Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Important Will not upgrade from 1.61-1.62

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by garycpos
I have never in my life been so frustrated trying to upgrade a package ???

The Instructions are a joke !! and I have not found one post where it simply states what you must do ?

I have tried from the Extension Manager and it just says "Error uploading File "

I have tried from the install directory and it says "Please enter a package directory"

So !! PLEASE PLEASE ... Has anyone got ANY SIMPLE instructions to follow ....

Seriously Guys, you need to get a simple update procedure in place for your forums, or at least post upgrade instructions that can be followed...

Any Help much appreciated B)

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

It's described right here : docs.joomla.org/Help16:Extensions_Extens...ager_Install#Outline

You can increase the upload_max_filesize into your php.ini if you have access to it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by garycpos
Thanks for the post but that link does not tell me how to put the kunena upgrade on ?

I have emailed justhost.com to set my max_upload to 8mb within php.ini, so it looks like I will wait for that to happen.

Also is there any way for the administrator to edit their own info within the forums ie, add an avatar as I cannot find a way to do this ? or I am blind :S

Cheers

Gary

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by snilloconator
Gary once the package is uploaded their is a step by step process/screen that gives you the option to upgrade to the latest kunena. Very simple actually! :) I have installed Kunena on multiple sites flawlessly along with upgrading and or migrating from other boards. I have tried them all (forums for Joomla) and Kunena is the top dawg. Please be patient as the community here is great and will help you with any questions you may have.

Also you may want to start another thread for the avatar or use the search function.

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by xillibit
Unpack kunena into /joomla/tmp/kunena directory and in Joomla! extension manager, choose install by directory and put the path /yourseeverpath/joomla/tmp/kunena

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by garycpos
Hi, Tried that with the directory install and got this :-

* JFTP::store: Bad response
* JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /home/cpossys1/public_html/tmp/kunena/kunena.php to /home/cpossys1/public_html/components/com_kunena/kunena.php

* Install Component Error

Also, I have also got the limit raised to 10mb, but when I try to upload it I get a new message now :-

"Unable to find install package"

So both answers have still got me nowhere !!

Any other suggestions ?

Gary

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by xillibit
Disable FTP mode into Joomal configuration panel, and re-try installation by directory.

The following user(s) said Thank You: garycpos

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by garycpos
Ok, Thanks that worked ??

So why was that so long winded to achieve, what was causing the problem with ftp on ?

Cheers for your help, it is appreciated :)

Gary

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by xillibit
A permission problem with FTP when creating directory

More
13 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled

garycpos wrote: So why was that so long winded to achieve, what was causing the problem with ftp on?

The answer is that this problem has nothing to do with Kunena. You would have had this problem with other Joomla extensions, too.

Time to create page: 0.618 seconds