Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Import K 1.6 forum into another 1.6 forum while keeping all posts intact?

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by ComposerRyan
I have an existing K 1.6 forum that I installed recently.

I want to import my other K 1.6 forum into my existing one and keep BOTH forum's topics and replies.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

This is not easily doable, because you will conflict on some tables key

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
There isn't an out-of-the-box packaged solution for this but there is a way. It's also not easy to merge one forum into another (as xillibit correctly stated) but you could replace the relevant parts of the database ... if that's what you want to do. Please study carefully the advice I gave in Backing up my forums . Just remember, it makes no sense to just import the Kunena messages without also importing the Joomla users, too.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by ComposerRyan
Thanks for the help...I will give it a try later. :)

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5 by ComposerRyan
Hello, it appears that your instructions are for MOVING a Kunena 1.6 forum into another one and overwriting the other forum completely with the new one.

What I am wanting to do is this:

KUNENA FORUM 1 = 1,200 POSTS TOTAL
KUNENA FORUM 2 = 4,300 POSTS TOTAL

I want to combine both Kunena Forum 1 and 2 so that that it keeps ALL of the posts, making it 5,500 posts total. I also want to keep the usernames. The only problem is that I am not sure if there is a script out there sophisticated enough to figure out duplicate users, post IDs, etc.

Thanks for the help,

Ryan
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by ComposerRyan.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds