Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question backing up my forums

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by iOverclock.com
i want to re create my website.

how can I backup JUST kunena and then re install it without loosing posts and forum lists?

www.ioverclock.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: backing up my forums
You can backup just Kunena, if you want to, but Kunena messages won't make any sense without backing up the user tables, too.

There are 25 database tables in a "no-frills" Kunena installation which are:

jos_kunena_announcement
jos_kunena_attachments
jos_kunena_attachments_bak
jos_kunena_categories
jos_kunena_config
jos_kunena_config_backup
jos_kunena_discussbot
jos_kunena_favorites
jos_kunena_groups
jos_kunena_messages
jos_kunena_messages_text
jos_kunena_moderation
jos_kunena_polls
jos_kunena_polls_options
jos_kunena_polls_users
jos_kunena_ranks
jos_kunena_sessions
jos_kunena_smileys
jos_kunena_subscriptions
jos_kunena_subscriptions_categories
jos_kunena_thankyou
jos_kunena_users
jos_kunena_users_banned
jos_kunena_version
jos_kunena_whoisonline

And, in addition to those, there are 7 tables that hold user information

jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_aro_map
jos_core_acl_aro_sections
jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map
jos_session

Using a tool like phpMyAdmin, you can export those tables to a file and then you can re-import them into the new site database. I hope this answers your question.
jos_users
The following user(s) said Thank You: iOverclock.com

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by iOverclock.com
i tried it sooo many times with soo many variations...

nothing....

cannot seem to get it imported..

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled

iOverclock.com wrote: i tried it sooo many times with soo many variations...

nothing....

cannot seem to get it imported..

Well, you haven't exactly given us much information to go on.

My last message explains which tables you need to backup. Although I prefer to use Joomlapack (now known as Akeeba Backup) to backup and restore my entire site, you asked specifically about backing up and restoring Kunena.

If you use a tool like phpMyAdmin, you can backup (i.e. export) one or many tables. Does the following illustrated example make any sense to you?

The results of this export process is to create a file that you can download to your PC; f you followed my example above, you will create a file with a name of the form database-name.sql.

To restore the backup, use phpMyAdmin to import a file as shown in the following example:

What's so difficult about that?

If you still can't use any approach with success, I am sure that there are many people who would be able to perform the task for you - subject to you offering to pay for their time, I would think that is only fair.
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by thedoctor213
Though I'm not the greatest when it comes to databases I do know my way around with backing up, importing, exporting, etc. However when I went to move my Kunena form from one joomla site to another I can't find any tables marked with kunena. Am I missing something here?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
thedoctor213: If you're using K 1.6 there are a lot of tables "marked with" kunena. There are 25 of them; I listed them in the second-last previous messages I posted in this topic. If you're not using K 1.6 I can understand the question. This is a discussion topic that's concerned with K 1.6 issues. What version are you using?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by thedoctor213
Ahhhh 1.5.12 gotta update it. If I update on my old site will it create the tables and then allow me to export/import on the new site?

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
Please read the Kunena 1.6.1 Read Me first. We suggest that people should always test the installation procedure on a test site before you upgrading their live production site. The K 1.6 installation procedure leaves your old K 1.5 data unchanged - this is in case you want to go back to K 1.5 later - but any new messages posted while you're using K 1.6 will not be added to the old K 1.5 tables.

Would someone please like to write a Wiki article that goes into more detail about how the K 1.6 installer works, why the K 1.5 tables are backed up, and the restrictions in continuing to use K 1.5 data after you've upgraded. That would help us all, a lot, I think. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thedoctor213

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds