Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Migration from old Fireboard 1.0.3 to Kunena

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by magostoni
Hello guys,
I have a customer with an old Joomla 1.0 site and Fireboard 1.0.3 component;
I would need to upgrade it to kunena and I searched a little in the forum; it seems I could do an upgrade from Fireboard 1.0.4 to Kunena 1.5

SoI would like to have some more info:

1) is it true?

2) where I can fine the upgrade to fireboard 1.0.4?

3) could I upgrade directly from Fireboard to Kunena 1.6?

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, magostoni, and welcome to Kunena.

You should have no difficulty upgrading Fireboard from version 1.0.3 to version 1.0.5rc. The information on what you need to do in that area is given in Migrating from Fireboard 1.0.3 to Kunena in Joomla 1.5

The next steps are, however, more complicated. After upgrading to Fireboard 1.0.5RC you need to migrate your Joomla website from J! 1.0 to J! 1.5. You may find this helpful: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migrati...oomla-migration/3895

After moving to J! 1.5 you can then upgrade from FB 1.0.5RC directly to K 1.7.2 (assuming of course, you meet the technical requirements and other matters discussed in K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide . Alternatively, it may be better to leave the old site behind and start anew with J! 2.5.1 and K 1.7.2 instead.

See my 'blog article I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ...

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #3 by royc
I'm in a similar position to Magostoni, except that I don't have the expertise to do the migration myself, even having read the instructions and sequence.

We have a website on Joomla 1.0 with Fireboard 1.0.3, the plan is to build a new site in Wordpress and migrate the Fireboard forum to it, because the forum has lots of ongoing threads. Wordpress rather than Joomla, because the front end is reportedly easier for the layman to use and Joomla is pretty hard work.

We need to find someone who knows how to do that, any idea where one would look for a contractor apart from Elance, which doesn't seem big on Fireboard-Kunena skills?

Many thanks,

Roy
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by royc.

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, royc, and welcome to Kunena.

I can only say "Good luck" to you in your venture. Both Kunena and Fireboard were written for Joomla and neither of them will work in Wordpress. Sorry but your plan will not succeed. You need to find an alternative forum that works in Wordpress and find some other way of preserving your FB stuff.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by magostoni
Hello,
I'm experimenting the procedure and I'm quite at the end with good results, but I would need another info about table structure in Kunena.

Consider I upgraded to kunena 1.7 on J1.5; so does the tables of kunena 1.7 on J1.5 are the same of kunena 1.7 on J2.5?
I'm asking so because I would like to move definitively to J2.5 and so my idea was:
- made the first part of the migration you explained me and obtain J1.5 with K1.7
- install a new fresh J2.5 site
- move by phpmyadmin the kunena tables from J1.5 to J2.5

regards,
Matteo

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by xillibit
The tables of Kunena 1.7 are exactly the same on Joomla 1.5 or 2.5.

If you move the tables like this, you need to don't forgot de move the users too.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by Matias
I would just install latest Kunena into Joomla! 1.5 site and you would have everything in Kunena. Then use jUpgrade to convert it into Joomla! 2.5.

Otherwise you will be missing all the users and category permissions would be wrong (ACL changed).

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by pinius
Hi all,

i'am in the same case :( I have an old site on Joomla 1.x and Fireboard Forum.

I see it's more simple to built a new site with new versione of joomla ( 2.5 ) but i must to trasfer the forum from Fireboard to kunema 1.7/2.0.

I must trasfer the follow table Fireboard:

Fb_user
Fb_categories
Fb_messanger
Fb_messanger_text

to Kunena's Tables with good result :D

The big problem is FB_ATTACHMENT. The Kunema_attachment table is more different vs fb_attachments.

Field in FB_Attachmentes:
-mesid
-filelocation

Field in Kunena_Attachmentes:

-id
-mesid
-userid
-hash
-size
-folder
-filetype
-filename

Someone have some suggest to give me ? :unsure: :unsure:

Regards

Pinius

More
11 years 7 months ago #9 by sozzled
You cannot run Fireboard on J! 2.5. You can only run Fireboard on J! 1.0 or J! 1.5 with the System - Legacy plugin enabled. Therefore, if you want to upgrade to Kunena, you need to first convert your Fireboard forum on your J! 1.0 or J! 1.5 (legacy mode enabled) website and then copy across the Kunena tables. This is not an easy job if it's complicated by also trying to run things on J! 2.5.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds