Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Error in upgrading from k 1.5 to k1.7 (see attached screen shot)

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by kross76
I received this error when installing k1.7 on my k1.5 installation. However, as near as I can tell with just a few, quick tests, K1.7 is installed and seems to be operating correctly.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2 | creationdate: 02/02/10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

1°) You server SQL is very slow, so sometimes the queries fails
2°) I need to check it by myself

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by radioactive
Download and Upgrage to 1.6 and then make it 1.7 ...try this might work..

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by kross76
The site is a test site, so you are welcome to take a look - temp.ceoexpert.net. If you want backend access, I can send you a password (but I need to do it via email). today or tomorrow, I will try "Radioactive's" suggestion of going to k1.6 and then k1.7

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #5 by kross76
To clarify "Radioactive's" post, I initially missed his/her point, but to re-enforce my situation, I was upgrading from K1.6.4 to k1.7.0. The Joomla version is j1.5.23, so I was already upgrading from k1.6 !

Here is the configuration information before the attempted upgrade:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2 | creationdate: 02/02/10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.2

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by kross76.

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by Matias
Try to make the upgrade again, but when there should be no traffic in your site.

xillibit was slightly wrong: MySQL server has gone away usually means that timeout in MySQL is very short (few seconds). The issue is that Joomla first connects to database and then starts to unzip files, which is very slow operation. This takes, say 10 seconds, and when done, Joomla tries to contact database to update information. It fails because of MySQL thinks that the connection was left open and should be closed.

The error is potentially very dangerous as it's likely that some important database updates during installation fails. Kunena avoids these traps by reloading the page after file copies, but Joomla doesn't do it. The only real solution is to increase MySQL timeout so that installer has enough time to copy all the files. Or you can try by trial and error, hoping that your site will stay alive after each upgrade -- Kunena or something else like CommunityBuilder..

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by kross76
I just intalled K1.7 on a copy of my site on my local computer and it worked fine. So I guess it's the mysql timeout issue. I will try to install on my service again late in the evening

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by kross76
I tried to install on my remote service again and I had the same failure. And the site seemed VERY fast. Kunena processed thru the "Installaton completed" screen extremely fast (screen shot attached). It then waited perhaps 10 or more seconds and I then received the same error (screen shot attached). Again, the forum seems to be functioning. We will test it more thoroughly now.

Any more thoughts on solving this issue?
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by Matias
Yes, this has nothing to do with the site slowness -- it's a setting in MySQL that tells MySQL not to wait more than few seconds. It is OK in most cases, but doesn't work if you need to install something, as copying files is very slow operation even in the fastest servers.

You should contact the service provider and ask them to change MySQL wait_timeout into 15 or something:

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by kross76
Well, I changed the mysql wait-timeout parameter to 60 seconds and had the same issue. The first part of the installation went very fast. Then it "waited" for 60 seconds and timed out. I suspect that something else is wrong, perhaps a different setting? It seems stuck. As I said, it installed fine on the copy on my local MacBook Pro with MAMPS.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds