Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Topic headers (h2?) text squashed

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by webitate

Hi There,

I am using the default Kunena template, with Rocketthemes Panacea template. All up-to-date versions. I haven't yet been able to solve my squashed h2 titles. No other headers/titles are affected. I have tried disabling build titles span in Panacea, without no effect. I haven't been able to change it by adding letter spacing in css.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks,

Config settings as follows:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 200M | Max file upload: 100M

Joomla default template details : rt_panacea_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: April 21, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder: The file doesn't exist comprofilej.xml ! | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
We could more easily address your problem if we had access to your forum and so, in lacking that ability, this is the general solution to your problem.

The issue is caused by your Joomla site template (in the way that <H2> text is rendered, and you will find the CSS rule buried in one of your site template CSS files. Using a tool like Firebug for Firefox (you can use other tools, if you like) will identify what rules affect the web content and you can then override those rules with your own. However, without seeing what exactly is causing the text compression, I can't tell you exactly what you need to fix.

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by webitate
Thanks for your quick reply, sozzled. Site's at an early stage of devel, so not avail for general audience yet. I'll pm you the details.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
It's amazing what you can do with Firebug for Firefox if you can see a problem in a live context. One mouse-click is all it takes.

Your Joomla site template has the following rule definition:

h1, h2 {
letter-spacing: -2px;
line-height: 1em;
}

If you want all <H1> and <H2> tags to be squashed together on the whole of your site, then leave this alone, but that's the CSS definition used in your site template (located, in your case, in the folder ../libraries/gantry/css) and I have no idea why it's needed like that. Remove or deactivate the "letter-spacing" rule and your Kunena forum will be OK; something like this will do it:

h1, h2 {
// letter-spacing: -2px;
}

You also asked me by PM to advise you why your Kunena menu is "invisible". Actually, the menu isn't invisible, it's only that you have not published . It's there but you have not published a link for it (or a module to display it). Easily fixed if you trash-burn-build your current menu links to your Kunena forum or read Customised Menus in the Wiki for the answers.

Alternatively, I could do this job for you (any one a number of people can do this job for you) but, as I will be out-of-town today, it will have to wait for another 24 hours at least before I am available.

Your site also exhibits the well-documented Rockettheme-Kunena "Quote button" partial occlusion issue. See the topic Quote Button - conflict with Rockettheme typography for the illustration of the problem and the answer to it.

As far as any other problems on your site are concerned, please start a new discussion topic for each one. Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quantumgravity2, webitate

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by webitate

sozzled wrote: }

If you want all <H1> and <H2> tags to be squashed together on the whole of your site, then leave this alone, but that's the CSS definition used in your site template (located, in your case, in the folder ../libraries/gantry/css) and I have no idea why it's needed like that. Remove or deactivate the "letter-spacing" rule and your Kunena forum will be OK; something like this will do it:

h1, h2 {
// letter-spacing: -2px;
}

...Your site also exhibits the well-documented Rockettheme-Kunena "Quote button" partial occlusion issue. See the topic Quote Button - conflict with Rockettheme typography for the illustration of the problem and the answer to it.

Many thanks Sozzled. Commented out that code & more a couple of lines below - squashed text sorted. Menus sorted. Quote issue sorted!

You are a most helpful Megabeing.

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by dimoss
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with text spacing with another rt template.
new.tabletennis.gr/index.php/forum

However I cannot find the css file to fix it.

Thanks,

Denis

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by dimoss

dimoss wrote: Hi,

Thanks,

Denis

Solved it!

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by snilloconator
Hello dimoss, I think there may be an easier way than commenting out the suggested lines as sozzled posted. It works yes but with RT themes in gantry you can select to turn off "build title spans" under advance for your particular forum menu. This should resolve the squash effect.

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by Jiminimonka

dimoss wrote:

dimoss wrote: Hi,

Thanks,

Denis

Solved it!

How did you solve it?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by snilloconator

Time to create page: 0.642 seconds