Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Background color change effects link colors?

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by xertox
First of all let me thank the powers that be for creating such an amazing forum script. Thanks so much!

I installed Joomla 1.6.3 and Kunena 1.6.4 with no issues (once I discovered that letting godaddy install Joomla for you is a bad idea that is!)

The only issue I am having is when I edit the header bg colors in the Kunena template manager it has the negative effect of changing the link colors to that same value.

I would like to separate the two if I could so I can keep my forum link colors consistent and get rid of the ridiculous blue background that the headers are currently using...

I am using the default template with the "Blend with Joomla Template" option enabled.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by xertox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by Payne
I'm having the same issue, I think the skinner overwrites the existing line and replaces it with a inherit or whatever code is used for the blending, I just cannot locate where it is. I think removing that code wouldn't damage anything with the blending and would allow the manual adjustments to the template to be active.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #3 by xertox
I think I got it figured actually. If you are still having the same issue look for a PHP file in /components/com_kunena/template/default/css

The file I edited was css-62df8d6e67d54b79e4e9814ce815e8ab.php (it contains all the same CSS info as the style sheets themselves)

I did a search for kheader in that file and changed the hex code to my desired bg color and it worked.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by xertox.

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

xertox wrote: The file I edited was css-62df8d6e67d54b79e4e9814ce815e8ab.php

I am not familiar with this kind of CSS file (with a .php extension). Are you using some kind of CSS compressor/aggregator product?

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by xertox
Actually my install is nothing but joomla, kunena, kunena add-ons and Feed Gator

I was a little surprised myself when I discovered the fix. I had originally found the kheader in the regualr default css file but nothing ever changed so I just kept looking...

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by xertox
Now that I think of it my rocket theme template has a bunch of features that may fit your description. It's the Nebulae Template from rockethtme.

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Then you might be better off directing your enquiry (about how to use Rocketteme templates) from the developers of that template. After all, you paid for it. ;)

It's quite easy to see what CSS files and rules need to be changed in order to adapt Kunena to your site. I suggest that you consider using a web developer tool (like Firebug ) to help; there's a brief tutorial of Firebug in the Wiki if you're interested. Is there some other way that we might be able to help?

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by xertox
My problem is solved. I was just trying to help Payne because he said he was having a similar issue...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Payne

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled
Sorry ... and thanks for your help :blush:

More
12 years 10 months ago #10 by xertox
Turns out my problem is not solved.

Is there a way to stop the link colors from changing when I edit the header back ground color in Kunena Template Manager?

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds