Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic]How do I add a background image behind my Kunena Menu?

More
13 years 5 days ago #1 by Lord Zedd
Hey guys,

I am using the default Blue Eagle template and have been looking all day to change my template. But boy it should not be this difficult. Read so much about it. Even tried using a template override.

I would like to replace the kheader with an image. But please tell me how because I have been in so many files and looked at so much css today and still I get the ugly blue.

I know I can change in the admin the blue with a hex color but I need an image.

Also I need to do more css changes and Firebug is NOT helping out.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 days ago #2 by sozzled
More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #3 by Lord Zedd
Yes, I did. What I try to do is to replace for example the header's color : #5388b4 with another color by using the template override. Even with the skinner enabled or disabled, it stays the same blue color.

Another problem is quitte ridiculous. Would like to change the link when you rollover it from color. Wont let me even do that.
Or for kwho-admin I want to change the color since it is all the same color for every link.
Code:
#Kunena .kwho-admin { color: #fe2f00; }
In the legend the color changed but my name for example did not.

That 5 minute tutorial sticky you guys wrote is still working in 1.6.3 right?
Last edit: 13 years 5 days ago by Lord Zedd.
More
13 years 5 days ago #4 by sozzled
What files are you modifying? Have you refreshed your web-browser to force a download of your changed CSS? Y'know, the usual traps of the trade?
More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #5 by Lord Zedd
So many css files I tried. lol That is why I was frustrated.
Kunena-forum.css
Kunena.default-min.css
Kunena.forum-min.css
Kunena.forum.css

And so on. In the end I deleted it and started over and started writing in my template and override the dafault. :) Yeah refreshing a lot.
Code:
#Kunena a:link{ color:#516572 !important; } #Kunena a:visited { color:#516572 !important; } #Kunena a:hover {color:#215586; } #Kunena a:active { color:#516572 !important; }
Should be correct but when you hover it with your mouse, it does not change.
More
13 years 5 days ago #6 by sozzled
You know, of course, that you don't directly edit any -min.css file, don't you? Have you read Minified CSS ? This might explain why none of your CSS tinkering has not worked.

I have a question for you. Are you trying to change the Blue Eagle (default) template CSS?
More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #7 by Lord Zedd
Yes that is what I am trying to change Blue Eagle. The funny thing is some things work in overriding and other things dont. What is wrong with my css?

When I change .ktitle-desc to #ffffff nothing happens. Refreshed lots of times, checked and checked over and over.
More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #8 by sozzled
Don't!

Whenever you upgrade Kunena you will lose those changes. Sometimes, when Kunena is upgraded, it's necessary to change the CSS. When K 1.6.4 is released there are many changes that have been made to the CSS - these changes are necessary and your site may not work properly without them. These changes are essential for Kunena users who use Joomla 1.6 People should never directly change the Blue Eagle (default) template or the Example template; all the files in these templates are replaced whenever Kunena is upgraded.

What you should do, instead, is create your own template. Copy the files in the Example template into a new folder. modify the XML file, and add the CSS rules that you need. This is explained - perhaps not very well - in the Wiki: see K 1.6 Template .

If you don't have too many changes to make, you can add the necessary CSS bits and pieces to your Joomla site template. Then you won't have to worry about maintaining the fixes from one version of Kunena to another. That's what I would do. ;)

If you change the file kunena.forum.css you won't see any changes unless you enable Kunena debug mode. If you directly change the file kunena.forum-min.css you won't see any changes if you have Kunena debug mode enabled.
Last edit: 13 years 5 days ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #9 by Lord Zedd
Thanks for the tip. The template keeps being a big problem in Joomla and also in Kunena I noticed. Wanted to write an article sometimes about it. In the old days in 2.x always had to update everyhing manually and compare it from an old fireboard template.

So just leave Blue Eagle and example alone but what about Default Ex? Can that be removed?

I now put what I want in my Joomla site template and here is where I get stuck. I am following the guide your collega wrote in the 5 minute guide. But it does not change all of it.

Here is what I got so far writting in my Joomla site template.
Code:
/* Change the link colors */ #Kunena a:link { color:#516572 !important; } #Kunena a:visited { color:#516572 !important; } #Kunena a:hover { color:#215586 !important; } #Kunena a:active { color:#516572 !important; } /* Change the header background colors */ #Kunena .kblock div.kheader { background-image:url('http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/band3.png'); } /* Change the header text colors */ #Kunena .kblock div.kheader h2 a:link, #Kunena .kblock div.kheader h2 a:visited, #Kunena .kblock div.kheader h2 a:active { color: #fff !important; } /* Change the tab colors */ div#ktab ul.menu li a { background-color: #516572 !important; } /* Change the active tab & rollover colors */ div#ktab li#current a { background-color: #84af04 !important; } div#ktab ul.menu li a:hover { background-color: #84af04 !important; } /* Change the border color under the top nav */ #Kunena #ktop { border-color: #84af04; } /* Change the pagination color */ #Kunena .kpagination .active { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #516572; border:1px solid #84af04; } #Kunena .kpagination a { border:1px solid #84af04; } #Kunena .kpagination a:hover { border:1px solid #84af04 ; color: #fff !important; background: #516572; } /* Change the post link color */ #Kunena div.kmsg-header h2 a { color: #fff !important; } /* Change the toggler color */ #Kunena #ktop span.ktoggler { background-color:#516572; } /* Change the button rollover color */ #Kunena .kbutton:hover, #Kunena .kbutton:focus { background-color: #516572; border-color: #84af04; } #Kunena .kwho-admin { color: #fe2f00; } #Kunena .ktitle-desc{ color: #ffffff; }

And here it goes wrong : kwho-admin changes in the legend but not my name.
ktitle-desc is black and not white.
A link when hovered stays the same. Did check everything so many times. I dont know. Maybe I need to look over it again tommorow.

BTW : any release date yet for 1.6.4? 1.6 native or I mean better than 1.6.3?
More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #10 by sozzled
Default_ex???!!! That has nothing to do with K 1.6. Please read any K 1.6 "read me" article (for example, this one: Kunena 1.6.3 Read Me .

Quick answers to your off-topic questions:

Lord Zedd wrote:

Any release date yet for 1.6.4?

See K 1.6.4

Lord Zedd wrote:

1.6 native or I mean better than 1.6.3?

K 1.6.4 improves on K 1.6.3, yes. Work is still continuing with Joomla 1.6 issues. Until the Joomla Extensions Directory gives its endorsement, K 1.6 is not a Joomla 1.6 native extension. People are encouraged to experiment with K 1.6.4 on J! 1.6.x and to report problems but they must also remember that K 1.6.x is currently a work-in-progress as far as J! 1.6 is concerned.

According to the latest information I have received, J! 1.6.3 is expected to be released within the next couple of days. And no, that wasn't a typo: J! 1.6.3 is what I wrote and what I meant to write. Apparently, J! 1.6.3 fixes another 100+ issues discovered in J! 1.6.2.

Lord Zedd wrote:

Maybe I need to look over it again tomortow.

I would suggest that you put back the original Blue Eagle CSS files and make your changes to your Joomla site template.
Last edit: 13 years 5 days ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.641 seconds