Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Resolved] [Merged topic] Blurred, blurry, fuzzy, text in category headers (text-shadow)

More
13 years 1 week ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by OliRC
Hi,

How do I change the shadow colour of the text highlighted in the below screenshot? As you can see, text and shadow colour are both white, giving the blurry eyed look.

I've looked through my template css and can't find anything there. I don't mind adjusting the Kunena template files. That's what I've done in the past, but this time it is evading me.

Thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 days ago #2 by OliRC
Any suggestions, anybody? :dry:

More
13 years 5 days ago #3 by sozzled
Shadowed text is not a standard feature of Kunena. For example, you will not see shadowed text here, at www.kunena.org . Do you want to keep shadowed text or would you like to remove it? We have been asked where this shadowed text originates from and, in all cases, it originates from a CSS rule in your Joomla site template.

Most of these kinds of isses can be resolved if you learn to use a web developer's tool like Firebug.

Therefore, to help me understand your question better, do you want to keep the shadowed text (with a different shadow colour perhaps) or do you want to get rid of the shadow completely so that your forum looks something similar to what we have here at this site?

More
13 years 5 days ago #4 by OliRC
Thanks Sozzled. It's something that I have managed to change in the past, but as you say, probably by adjusting the template css, which this time around, I can't work out.

Anyway, yes, I'd be happy to remove the shadow altogether. :)

More
13 years 5 days ago #5 by OliRC
Meant to say, programs like Firebug tend not to work on Macs, so not much use for me, unless there is something you can recommend...

More
13 years 5 days ago #6 by sozzled
Google Chrome has a built-in developer's tool; I'm unsure about Safari.

Try this topic - it's a little bit different to what you've asked about - Tabs Shadow .

If that doesn't work, can you post the URL of your website, please. We might be able to get a better handle on your problem if we can see the issues for ourselves at first hand. Thanks. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OliRC

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by dmccubbi
Hi,

I am having the same issue with the blurry white text. I would love to just get rid of any shadowing that might be causing it. I am running Joomla 1.6.1, Kunena 1.6.3, and using the Inspirion template from JoomlaShack. I installed Firebug 1.7.1, inspected the forum CSS code, but I guess there is something in my template. My site is here

I have another issue with colors. The "Index", "Recent Topics" etc tabs have blue lettering and are extremely difficult to read. Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated. I realize this second question is getting a little off this particular thread.

Thanks,
Don

More
12 years 10 months ago #8 by wizzie
Replied by wizzie on topic Wierd text
Hi guys
I'm using
Kunena 1.6.4
Joomla 1.5.23

The text that shows the board names is hard to read, any way to change this

Darn these pesky computers they never work when you want them to!

Computer Problems? Then Visit Vale Hosting Support
Affordable Web Hosting With Vale Hosting
Attachments:

More
12 years 10 months ago #9 by Payne
Replied by Payne on topic Re: Wierd text
Hi, is this a default template, are you using the blending option?

More
12 years 10 months ago #10 by sozzled
*** Merged topic ***

wizzie: see earlier messages in this topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OliRC

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds