Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Page list in multi-page topics cut short by template

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by ricslady
It seems that the page number of posts are not showing the last one in IE. In this image the last page should be 170. I'm sure there is an easy fix but I can't figure it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is a really difficult situation for any of us to provide you with a detailed help prescription for the following reasons:

(1) You have not made it clear whether the problem is reproducible in various web browsers or only in Internet Explorer (as I suspect may be the case).

(2) The problem seems to only occur with moderators' accounts (because moderators have added buttons). I'm trying to establish what are the exact conditions that occur so that I can, perhaps, reproduce the symptoms on another website.

(3) I could not reproduce the problems either as a visitor to your website or logged-in with a "normal" user account.

I should have mentioned the last time that you enquired, that sometimes we cannot always provide the specific answers to the problems but there are always means at your disposal to help yourself. The best help that I can give you, at this present moment, is to learn how to use Firebug for Firefox.

The element that affects this area is currently defined in the Kunena template CSS as

#Kunena ul.kpagination {
border: 0 none;
margin: 0;
padding: 0 5px 0 0;
}

What would probably be appropriate is to use Firebug and experiment with an appropriate setting, either width or overflow for example. However, without being able to see exactly what you see, I can't really say for sure.

P.S. As I mentioned in your earlier enquiry, please keep to one subject per topic. This website is for the benefit of all users, not just your benefit, and others may be interested in seeing how your solved your problem (or may be able to help you) if you keep to the same subject and don't confuse things. Thank you.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #3 by ricslady
It happens to anyone using IE. It is fine in Chrome and FF. I don't us IE but 30% of my visitor do.

EDIT: It only partially disappears with a normal user. It is completely gone with a moderator.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by ricslady.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled

ricslady wrote: It happens to anyone using IE. It is fine in Chrome and FF. I don't us IE but 30% of my visitor do.

EDIT: It only partially disappears with a normal user. It is completely gone with a moderator.

I spent 10 minutes (I repeat, 10 minutes) trying to find an example of this issue on your website using both IE and Firefox, both as a visitor and as a logged-in user. It's like lookin for a needle in a haystack. Perhaps you might be good enough to point us to a specific place where we can see this issue for ourselves? The URL would be helpful. Thank you.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by ricslady
My apologies. Here is a thread that is rather large. If you choose the previous page (535) you will see that the last page starts to run off. I've noticed that it only happens when logged in. So it seems to have something to do with the buttons...I'm not sure though.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled

ricslady wrote: My apologies. Here is a thread that is rather large. If you choose the previous page (535) you will see that the last page starts to run off. I've noticed that it only happens when logged in. So it seems to have something to do with the buttons...I'm not sure though.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah ... "a large thread" ... sure ... :side:

I tried looking at a large thread. I didn't see any problems. Sorry. What specific page are we both looking at that shows evidence of this partial occlusion of the page numbers when you are logged in as a regular user ... please?

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by ricslady
Here is a screen print. The top portion is Chrome and the bottom portion is IE8. I was logged in as a regular user. This is the thread I was viewing www.simmerssociety.net/index.php?option=...start=8010&Itemid=56 I hope this will help.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
Thank you. The problem is, as in the previous case, a problem with your site template and a problem that only manifests itself in Internet Explorer. As you have found (or will find), this problem does not occur in Firefox or in Google Chrome. I hesitate to point out that this will probably not be the last problem that you will find with Internet Explorer, either.

The fix:

Add the following lines to your site template:

# Kunena TD {
padding-right: 3px;
}

You may need to add the !important qualifier to this rule. Try it without first.

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by ricslady
Are you referring to the Kunena template? If so, do I add it to all of the CSS files? If not, I added it to the main site template with no change.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
I was referring to your site template, just like I did in your previous enquiry, and if the fix (as I wrote it) did not work, I suggested that you use the !important qualifier like this:

# Kunena TD {
padding-right: 3px !important;
}

Did you try this, also?

Time to create page: 1.317 seconds