Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Remove ALL READ

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by bigdm
Remove ALL READ was created by bigdm
Hey, Im am trying to remove the "mark all read" button from my index but cant seem to get ride of it. I removed it from fb_category_list_bottom

but its still on the index, any help would be great

thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Remove ALL READ
It would help to know what version of Kunena you have installed and what Kunena template you are using. Thanks.

I assume that you are trying to remove one of the "mark all read" buttons, the one that appears at the bottom of the page. Is that correct?

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by bigdm
Replied by bigdm on topic Re: Remove ALL READ
like an idiot, i just noticed i posted this in the wrong section...

im running latest 1.6, and i am talking about the mark all read button below the profile box

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
It wasn't your mistake. You originally posted your request in a K 1.6 category when your question seems to be related to K 1.5. I moved this topic.

There is no fb_category_list_bottom used by K 1.6, that I'm aware of. Where did you see this? :unsure:

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by bigdm
ahhh that would explain why its not working... could that be files left over from 1.5??

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by bigdm
so... err.. any idea how i can edit this on 1.6?? defualt template (same one this site uses)

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by sozzled
If you used Firebug for Firefox you would have found (within one minute) that all you need to do is modify the CSS file by adding the line (in red) below:

#Kunena .klist-markallcatsread input.kbutton {
display:none;
margin:4px;
padding:0;
}

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by bigdm
I do use firebug, but to be honest i wanted to remove the code not just hide it as I have no use for it within my joomla site..

Thanks for the quick relply tho, I managed to find it now
components/com_kunena/template/default/categories/listcat.php

JOB DONE :)

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
As you like - it's your website. It's really better to hide these things than to edit the source code. Editing the source code may save you a millisecond or two but could cost you hours, later, when you need to upgrade to new versions because of other issues. K 1.6.1 is just around the corner (which contains dozens of fixes to K 1.6.0) and you're only going to have to do those changes again. Then there will probably be a K 1.6.2 (and so on) and, again, you're going to have to make those changes. But, like I said, it's your website.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds