Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [RESOLVED] Font size in message editor is too small; users cannot read it

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #11 by sozzled
You add the code to the end of your Joomla site template file. If you add the lines of CSS to your Joomla site template file you will not ever have to worry about changing this again when you upgrade Kunena. Simple.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #12 by cdawolf
@dimonju
You either put it in your template.css or you change it directly to your kunena template file.
In the later case,the file needed is components/com_kunena/template/default/css/kunena.forum-min.css
Yet in the case of changing it in that template,bare in mind that if you change the template,
you need to implement that change in the new template's kunena.forum-min.css file as well!

More
12 years 10 months ago #13 by sozzled
Thanks, cdawolf. I probably should start a separate topic with the subject "10 good reasons why people should never try to directly edit the kunena.forum-min.css file".

Yes, people can change this file, if they want, and it may work ... or it may not ...

More
12 years 9 months ago #14 by Mantaii
Hi,
I have put the code in to my template.css file but it doesnt seem to work, any suggestions?

The code I have put in to my Joomla 1.6 template file is

#Kunena table#kpostmessage .ktxtarea {
border: 1px solid #BFC3C6;
font-size: 14px;
height: 200px;
overflow: auto;
}

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #15 by sozzled
The reason that the technique did not work for you may depend on several factors. For example, you may need to clear your browser cache to see the result. This is one of those "how long is a piece of string" topics; the answer depends on how long you cut the string, what kind of scissors you used, etc. Likewise, the reasons that things may or may not work for you may depend on your environment (e.g. which CSS files are loaded and in what order and what browser you are using and screen resolution, etc.). Sometimes the answer given to one person is not right for another person.

The correct answer, in all cases, is to look at the information given in the frequently asked question How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

We can tell you which file you need to modify if you post the URL of your website.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #16 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Text Editor Font Too Small
I'm probably the only blind bat around :laugh: but the font is too small in the text editor. Can it be increased? I would like to know how to change it on the forum I'm installing as well.

Thanks!!

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #17 by yuzef
If i may say : that you can change the size of text editor font by modifying your /components/com_kunena/template/default/css/kunena.forum-min.css
Find the code :
Code:
#Kunena textarea, #Kunena textarea.kmedium { font-size: 1em; height: 10em; width: 95%;

Change it to :
Code:
#Kunena textarea, #Kunena textarea.kmedium { font-size: 1.5em; height: 10em; width: 95%;

see the changed size : i use font-size: 1.5em; <--- this fit with me.. of course you can set what fit size for you.

hope that will work for you

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by yuzef.

More
12 years 9 months ago #18 by MyWorld
Thank you yuzef!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #19 by Display
Replied by Display on topic Characters to small
Hello i am using kunena 1.7 and joomla 1.7 and the characters in the input box are to small
How can i make it bigger ?

i am using the default template from kunena 1.7

Peter
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #20 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Aw: Characters to small
Hello Display,

add in your Joomla! template css following code:
Code:
#Kunena table#kpostmessage .ktxtarea { font-size: 1.5em; }

(1.5em is relative. Try what works for you.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Display

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds