Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Another RokGZipper-caused total-mess-of-Kunena-styling problem

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by inf0rm3r
Hi Guys

I have been searching this forum for hours now for a solution to this and have given up, it appears there is solution but the option which corrected the issue doesn't exist in my installation/new versions of kenuna or I can't find it.

velocitytag.com/vt/index.php/forum/index

is the forum

The forum is not styling at all, not loading images, text sizes or anything.

I was told I could fix this with Use Joomla Style set to NO but I cannot find that option in the kenuna configuration anywhere or in joomla for that matter.

Any help would be appreciated as I have this forum working on a few other sites well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by CheechDogg
Go in template manager from your kunena control panel and turn Blend with Joomla Template off.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by inf0rm3r
Have just tried both options on and off and it doesn't appear to change anything except the text you can see size and font.

I tried changing it to the joomla default templates and the issue remains the same also.

Thanks for your help do you have Any other ideas?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by inf0rm3r.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ziggy

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by CheechDogg
I just noticed that your template is a RocketTheme template which are very notorious for causing problems with Kunena. There is always something that conflicts with Kunena when using Gantry, RocketTheme's template framework.

I am sure you have a premium membership with RocketTheme right? You might want to contact them about this and have them suggest something to fix it.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #6 by Evopro
Hi

I have the same problem and yes, I use a rocket theme template with Gantry. There are very many of us that do - could anyone that have worked on a fix let us know what to do about this?

Changing the setting "Blend with Joomla Template" only marginally changes this basic horror show.

Best Regards
Johan Niklasson
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Evopro.

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by Evopro
Hi

I found the problem

After having searched the forum on Rocket theme, I found a tip that actually fixed this on our site. The culprit seem to be the System - RokGZipper Joomla plugin.

When i unpublished that the problems were gone.

I do not consider the System - RokGZipper to be vital to our site so turning it off seems to have no particular negative consequence.

Please try this if your RocketTheme template makes Kunena look messed up.

Best Regards
Johan Niklasson
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
Thanks, Evopro, for your timely intervention in this topic.

As we continue to remind people who ask in this forum, "Why is my Kunena forum all messed up?" most of these problems are caused by the choices they made in selecting their Joomla site template. Most of the answers can be resolved by reading My Joomla template is making a mess of Kunena . If you paid for a Joomla site template - one that you purchased from a reputable template club that is committed to helping its customers - then you should, in the first instance, expect support for that product from the place you bought it. Regardless of how people may judge Rockettheme templates for the way they look and sometimes how they behave with other Joomla extensions, www.rockettheme.com is a reputable place to conduct business with.

Many templates - not just Rockettheme ones - also include other software. Some people may use this extra software but most of the time these "extras" just sit there on people's sites without providing any tangible improvement. Some of these extras cause a few minor problems (like the one we're discussing in this topic) but some of them are real nightmares (see HTTP 500 Internal Server Error ).

We advise people to consider these matters very carefully before choosing a template for their site. If people are concerned that their choice of site template may cause other Joomla extensions to misbehave, they should contact the author or distributor of those templates and ask them, before buying anything, "Does your template work with my other Joomla software and will you help me if it doesn't?" While the choice of a site template is important, it should not be the first thing to consider. See Which came first? The template or the forum?

Of course, life goes on, people will continue to choose and install their site template before they've installed Kunena and the questions will continue to roll into this forum asking this community for help. We will continue to help, as best we can, thanks to members of the community like Evopro. Thank you. :)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds