Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cloudbase 2 Template: Missing Profile (Edit) Button

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #11 by sozzled
The raised EDIT button is different. We've dealt with this before, too. See Incorrect display of topic titles and buttons! - common problem with many Rockettheme templates.

Edit the file ../libraries/gantry/css/joomla.css at around line 58 where you see
Code:
.component-content span.edit { float: left; margin-left: 10px; }
In your case, comment-out the float directive, like this:
Code:
.component-content span.edit { // float: left; margin-left: 10px; }
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTK
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago #12 by wujaBL
Replied by wujaBL on topic No edit profile button.
My website is www.elita-esports.iz.rs and I installed Kunena forum. I don't have edit profile button. :S
More
12 years 3 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: No edit profile button.
G'day, wujaBL, and welcome to Kunena.

See msg #4 in this topic.

I cannot find Kunena on your website.
More
12 years 3 months ago #14 by skydancerbg

HTK wrote: Hi,

I have searched the forum for this issue and nothing solid that could solve my issue.

I'm using Joomla 1.7 and the latest version of Kunena. My default template is "Cloud Base 2 1.7).

When using Cloud Base 2, the "EDIT" profile button in Kunena is missing. When switching back to (Default) template, the button shows up.

How can I solve this problem? Because I do want to use Cloud Base 2?

Thank you,

HTK

I am having exactly the same problem at www.camk.bg , with the same setup (J1.7, Cloud Base 2 template), but in the thread above I couldn’t see what was the solution.
Can you, please, post the solution or pm me what you did to get the "edit profile" button displayed in Cloud Base 2 based site?

Thank you in advance!
More
12 years 3 months ago #15 by sozzled
G'day, skydancerbg, and welcome to Kunena.

If you review the first few messages in this topic, you will see how we went about the solution even if the details of the solution were not specifically posted here. So, for your sake and for anyone else with a case of I have the same problem ... here's what happened:

There are issues involving this Cloudbase 2.1.7 template that CloudAccess.net is unable (or unwilling) to fix. This is not the CloudAccess.net support forum. Our position is summarised in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena

sozzled wrote: We don't know anything about that template. If CloudAccess.net is providing software to its customers that don't work with Kunena then you really should tell them.

Other general advice we can give you is to read If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .

I believe that the fix for this particular problem was obtained by reading msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first . Because it is a Rockettheme template, it's probably a case of setting Build Title Spans = Off.
More
12 years 3 months ago #16 by skydancerbg
Setting Build Title Spans = Off in Cloud base 2 template administration solved the issue, the "edit profile" button finally appeared!

I fully understand that this is not the CloudAccess.net support forum, but i was looking for a solution, which can help me use kunena on our website and it doesent matter where i get the solution from, it makes us another happy user of kunena.

I think the information here will help everybody else having the same problem with that template, even if you had to do somebody elses job in this case!

Thank you verry much!
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #17 by sozzled
The answer to this - as well as to so many of the questions we receive every day on this forum - is to read msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .

However, the fact remains that there will be other users of this Cloudbase 2 template who will unknowingly try to run Kunena with it and, until CloudAccess.net is informed of the problem, the problem will continue. Just as important as it was to resolve the Javascript issue in this case, it's also necessary to tell CloudAccess.net about it and tell them what the solution is.

I'm pleased that we were able to help. :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skydancerbg
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds