Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Forum Margins

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by big_d83
Forum Margins was created by big_d83
The margins of my forum are extending further than I would like them to. I noticed that this was a result of the number of pages a particular post has. Is there a way to limit the number of pages that can be clicked?

Example on one of my pages it goes: Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6...14

I would like it to be more like: Pages 1 2 3...14

That would significantly reduce the overall width of my forum

This is the link to the particular thread I am asking about
mark.raphaelproductions.com/index.php/fo...ions/146-random-chat

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 40M

Joomla default template details : ja_opal | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.1 | creationdate: 04 June 2010

Kunena default template details : KProSilver | author: ExtensionTemplates.com | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2011-01-01

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7 | UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by big_d83.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: big_d83

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by big_d83
Replied by big_d83 on topic Re: Forum Margins
Thanks, but I do not have access to view that page.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Forum Margins
Sorry. That was my mistake. Here are two other links that you should be able to access that contain the information you're looking for:

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by big_d83
So if I go through and change the file on my PC and then upload it back into Joomla, will I also have to reset the rest of my files? Or is there a way I can access it through the Joomla admin page to adjust the view.php file?

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Forum Margins
As far as I know, and I haven't tested the code myself, it should be possible to make this change in the way you described. No, you can't make the change by using some GUI-driven means in the Joomla backend. You need to change the software.

Alternatively (and this may be a simpler solution) you could use a different Joomla site template that allows more room to display the component. To some extent, this comes into the topic I created Which came first? The template or the forum? Different Joomla templates allows varying amounts of space for things and, depending oin the template you choose, some things work well and other things don't.

Kunena produces a lot of data. The Kunena Blue Eagle template was designed for the "lowest common denominator", namely a monitor size of around 800 x 600 px - we could have an interesting discussion whether that is what most people use these days - and consequently it fits nicely if your template allows about 780 px to display the component. Kunena will fit in narrower templates but not always and not necessarily without having to make certain compromises. In other words, if the forum, itself, is a main feature (or the main feature) of your website, it may be better to find a Joomla template that displays it in a more flexible way that what is allowed by the template that you choose in designing your website.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #7 by big_d83
I resolved this issue by switching to the following template from the Blue Eagle template:

K1.6 - B&B Template which is found on the first page of www.kunena.org/ked/templates

The only problem with this and I discovered with the base Kunena forum was some compatibility issues with IE 9. I gave a couple of links to help my users resolve that issue and everything is working great.

Sozzled thanks again for all of your help!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by big_d83.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds