Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Why did 1.6.1 change my link colour (and how to fix it?)

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by Troneas
hi.

i updated from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 and i'm using the Aphotic template (default).

after the update, my forum links changed colour to kunena's defaul blue #5388B4 instead of the one I was using.

This wouldn't be a problem (even though i don't understand why the upgrade is messing up my template CSS) IF now i wasn't able to revert it:

I try to edit my template CSS Aphotic > kunena.forum.css as before:

}
#Kunena a:link,
#Kunena a:visited,
#Kunena a:active {color: #D86E23;}
#Kunena a:focus {outline: none;}
#Kunena a:hover {color: #FFFFFF;}

BUT the site is still loading the colour #5388B4 instead of #D86E23...

any ideas?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : game_crusade | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: December 2009

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Installed (Version : 1.5.12) | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.2) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by Troneas
ok. i am not quite sure why this was moved to the Templates and Design section since i found the problem and it has nothing to do with my template.

i solved this issue by editing the INITIALIZE.PHP file here:

$forumLink = $this->params->get('forumLinkcolor', $skinner ? '' : '#D86E23');

if ($forumLink) {
$styles .= <<<EOF
#Kunena a:active {color: {$forumLink};}
#Kunena a:focus {outline: none;}
#Kunena a:hover {color: #FFFFFF;}

i'd say that after the infamous new kunena menu, this was yet another clever way to complicate and confuse the user unnecessarily.

Solved.
More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
OK, I'm not sure why the the user thinks this issue has something to do with K 1.6.1 support. I moved this topic to the Template & Design category for the simple reason that the issue concerns a template that is not a core component that was developed or that is supported by the Kunena project.

Thank you, Troneas, for solving this particular issue. I am sure that there are many people who appreciate your contributions.

Troneas wrote:

i'd say that after the infamous new kunena menu, this was yet another clever way to complicate and confuse the user unnecessarily.

I would say that this was actually a disingenuous attempt to needlessly blame the Kunena developers for something that is not within their ability to control. Please check, next time you blame someone, who is responsible for what you have chosen to use.
More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by Troneas

sozzled wrote: OK, I'm not sure why the the user thinks this issue has something to do with K 1.6.1 support. I moved this topic to the Template & Design category for the simple reason that the issue concerns a template that is not a core component that was developed or that is supported by the Kunena project.

Thank you, Troneas, for solving this particular issue. I am sure that there are many people who appreciate your contributions.

Troneas wrote:

I would say that this was actually a disingenuous attempt to needlessly blame the Kunena developers for something that is not within their ability to control. Please check, next time you blame someone, who is responsible for what you have chosen to use.

this would all be true if the initialize.php file was located in my chosen template (ie: aphotic).

but its not.

its located in the Default (blue eagle) template, which comes with kunena, updated in this last patch, and for some reason its affecting MY chosen template CSS. so in essence i had to change the settings of a file in another template (kunena's default) to change mine to what it was.

but anyway, sorry about the previous rant.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #5 by kerios83
Yep he is right, dunno why any changes in kunena.default-min.css or kunena.default.css

with class:

#Kunena a:active
{}

#Kunena a:focus
{}

#Kunena a:hover
{}

DON'T work. U can change default blue #5388B4 color to something else - but it still dont work - dunno why. Instead, like Troneas wrote u need to change INITIALIZE.PHP in kunena\templates\DEFAULT\INITIALIZE.PHP
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by kerios83.
More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by severdia
You can always add CSS to your main site template.css file to override Kunena's styles. That way, when you update, your changes are preserved.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by kerios83
Yea, thats another way to do so - probably the best one.
More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by bigmike0601
Can you please explain this more. I'm trying to change link color myself and would like do it once only. Thanks, Mike
More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by severdia
bigmike0601:

Add this to the bottom of your main site template.css file:
Code:
#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active {color: #000000 !important; } #Kunena a:focus {color: #000000 !important;} #Kunena a:hover {color: #000000 !important;}

Replace the black color with the colors you want.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by bigmike0601
Where do I find my main site template.css?
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds