Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Idea Displaying additional user profile information in graphical form on the forum

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by countjuh
Hi all, im new here on this forum. I have managed to create a very nice forum with kunena. thnx for sharing this with the world. Now i have a difficulty. We want to add game icons to our profiles. Now i was trying to add the [img] in the personal info, but that didnt work out.

here a link to our forum:
www.diversityclan.eu/index.php/forum/24-...-game-icons-accepted

i hope someone can help with with this issue. is there any way to make an custom field? or can i do this with just the about me one?

gr, marcel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Do you mean you want to add avatars for your users? If that is the case, then each user clicks on their Profile, selects EDIT and adds it there.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, countjuh, and welcome to Kunena.

I went to your website, I saw the topic and I understand the question. The question is not about how to add avatar images - your site shows that you and your users properly understand how to do that - your question is about how to add another graphical gee-gaw that users can hang around their forum messages in addition to their forum rank, signature image and other "badges" worn by the users when they're participating on the forum.

I will leave aside my own personal views on how far one should go before the number of glyphs on a webpage become too numerous so as to clutter and distract the viewer from the essential point of having a webpage - to communicate information - but I have to say that you've just about reached the extent of what you can achieve in Kunena in terms of how the basic product has been put together. It should be possible to extend Kunena in to the domain of social networking in the way that I can see your site heading; however saying that it should be possible and achieving that in reality are two different statements and, at the present time, Kunena is a far cry from that end result.

This leaves you with a few options:

(1) Adapt, re-purpose or extend other Joomla extensions that already operate in this "extensible user profiling" space - extensions like AlphaUserPoints, JomSocial or Community Builder - to mention three - and to see whether these extensions can be integrated in such a way to Kunena to achieve what you require.

(2) Engage a software developer at your own expense to customise a solution that meets your specific requirements

(3) Use the small player badges in addition to the ones that some of your users have in their signatures. It's just my opinion but I think that those smaller badges would immeasurably improve the look of your forum topics instead of some of the large, gaudy banners that some of your users have to decorate their messages.

(4) Vote and [financially] contribute to the cost of developing an extensible user profiling system for Kunena. See the feedback page to find out what other ideas have been suggested.

(5) Modify Kunena yourself.

I notice that, when I toured your website, your Kunena pages experience very long page load times (in excess of 1 second) suggesting that you are overloading your web server. I recommend Improving Kunena performance .

As I mentioned above, I want to park my personal opinions outside this topic but I would like you to consider that there are limits to how far one tries to extend any software beyond the point that it becomes bloated and unable to perform the primary role for which it was designed. In summary, however, nothing is impossible but everything has a cost. Kunena does not currently have its own "extensible user profile system" - which I believe you are hinting at - and therefore does not currently possess the functionality that you require. See also Custom Profile fields .
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by countjuh

sozzled wrote: I notice that, when I toured your website, your Kunena pages experience very long page load times (in excess of 1 second) suggesting that you are overloading your web server. I recommend Improving Kunena performance .

thnx very much for ur support here guys. I really dont know on what server it is hosted. I only know that its cheap. like 16 dollars a year with email and unlimited data traffic. So i think i have to deal with a slower load speed then. Im gonna look all ur ways ur mentioned. Thnx for the support! and i will post the answer here when i got it! :P
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: clarify context of reply

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by countjuh

sozzled wrote: I notice that, when I toured your website, your Kunena pages experience very long page load times (in excess of 1 second) suggesting that you are overloading your web server. I recommend Improving Kunena performance .

hey guys, update. It works good now, thnx for the support!!!
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: clarify context of reply

Time to create page: 0.872 seconds