Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question How to change text color, background, and border on quoted text

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by wallstreetamigo
Hi All,

I'm sure this is a very easy solution but I am really struggling with it. I'm very new to CSS and this is my first time using Kunena for a forum solution (previously used PHPBB3).

What I am trying to fix is both the text and box area when a user quotes another users post. Right now the lettering is the same color as the rest of the post and there is no border around it or background. Nothing differentiates quoted text other than being in italics. I would like the text box to have a defined border in white and blue lettering while keeping the transparent background if possible.

This issue could be because of the transparent nature of my site, I'm not sure.

But I would like someone to help me determine where to change these things and what exactly to change. I can follow specific instructions in changing css stuff but worry about trying to figure things out on my own. I am using a Rockettheme template Radiance.

If there is someone who could take a look at my site and let me know what to do, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

I did use Firebug and can't seem to figure out exactly what I am looking at with this particular item.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by wallstreetamigo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by wallstreetamigo
Having a border around the signature area seems like a similar issue and we want that as well.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo wrote: Having a border around the signature area seems like a similar issue and we want that as well.

Looking at your quote box in this post, something sort of like that would work well.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by wallstreetamigo.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by CheechDogg
Please post your forum configuration report and I will take a look.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by wallstreetamigo
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : rt_radiance | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.2 | creationdate: December 12, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.7.1 | Jomsocial 2.4.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.7.1 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.7.1

Modules: None

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
So, what colours would you like quoted text colour and background to become?

I strongly suggest, if you want everything to continue to work properly, to upgrade Kunena to K 1.7.2. ;)

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by wallstreetamigo
Thanks sozzled! So busy with the site that I didn't even notice the Kunena update!

As for the quoted text area background, in a perfect world it would be similar to what pops up when you click on Quick Reply. I believe this is done through a transparent PNG so I'm not sure how to do that. If it is possible that would be the best solution. If it is a solid color, just making the area a little bit lighter than the existing transparency there would probably work ok.

For lettering, it will depend a little bit on the background but we would like to use #4488ff or something close to it. It is the same color we used for the "Global Moderator" legend color.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
So, you want to add the following lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena div.kmsgtext-quote { background-color: rgba(128, 128, 128, 0.4); border: 1px solid #4488FF; color: #4488FF; }
And you should be good to go.

I will be happy to answer any more questions on this topic for the fair price of AUD 10.00 per question. Thank you. ;)

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds