Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Toggler button that expands the login area not showing open or close details

More
12 years 2 months ago #11 by CheechDogg
Roboff...you need to clear your cache. The css files are getting cached and those files do not expire right away, therefore the changes wont take effect until a new css file is cached, created and sent out.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12 by Roboff
K. I did clear my cache, but no change.

I change the CSS code in Kunena and save it, then when I go back into the CSS it has changed " to &quot.

Admittedly, I'm rather a novice at code. I can read it more than write it, and I can often make minor changes. However, in Firebug changing &quot to " fixes the problem. But Kunena CSS won't let me enter that in. I don't get it.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
I know what you have done. You have modified the wrong files. Please do not modify the Kunena template files. I advised you to make the changes to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file.

So, this is what you need to do now:

(1) Re-install K 1.7.1 - see K 1.6 & K 1.7 Installation Guide . Don't worry, you will not lose your forum configuration or any messages posted on your forum.

(2) Make any customised changes that you want to make by adding the CSS rules to the end of your Joomla site template file. See How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? for more help.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by Roboff
Well, no...I debated about that, but noted that you said the "site template CSS." So I added it to the css/template.css file. Is that not the right place? When it didn't seem to fix the problem, I went ahead and removed the code I had added.

I'm willing to try the reinstall of Kunena. I did spend quite a bit of time updating the heading text colors and other colors that I couldn't update from the back end of Kunena. I assume these would be over written in the reinstall. But I can change them again.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #15 by sozzled
You should never modify the original Kunena source code unless you know what you are doing. All original Kunena source code (including the original Blue Eagle template) is overwritten/replaced when you install Kunena (and when you upgrade from one version to the next). To preserve any customised changes, you need to do make your changes in another way. Simple CSS changes can be done by modifying your Joomla site template CSS file.

Some Joomla site templates have only one CSS file. Some templates we've seen have a dozen or more. Which file to modify? Depends on which Joomla site template you've chosen. For background reading on this, see My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

Sometimes these discussions on "which file to modify" go on for days: see which CSS file for editing background colour as one example.

Many of these issues are not easy to explain on a self-help forum. We understand that many of the people in this community may not know much about how Joomla works, how to use CSS styling aids like Firebug , how to write CSS and all other kinds of things. Therefore it's impossible to give a one-size-fits-all approach to solving every kind of templating issue that arises and it's equally infeasible to individually assist everyone who wants us to fix their specific problem for free.

Re-install Kunena 1.7.1. Make the style changes you want to make to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file. Which file is the one to change? That depends on the people who designed your Joomla site template. I hope that the links I have given in my reply to you will help you find that information.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #16 by Roboff
Thanks. Looks like I have some more studying to do. I'm committed to learning all I can about Joomla and extensions like Kunena. Learning a lot from the challenges I run into. Appreciate all the info/links.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #17 by sozzled
FYI: Force page refresh (to remove local cached copy of files in your browser): Firefox: CTRL+SHIFT+R; Internet Explorer: CTRL+F5; other browsers are different.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds