Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Toggler button that expands the login area not showing open or close details

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by Roboff
I set up my Kunena forum (version 1.7.1) and everything seems to be working great--for the most part. However the toggler button that expands the login area (button is to the right of the nav menu) is not showing the open and close states. Please see the attached image (toggler button is the orange box). The button IS functioning as it should, it just doesn't show the details (border and - or +).

I went into the Kunena CSS to change the color of the heading text to match my site. I did a search for the hex color and changed the blue color to green, and it was after that when I noticed the issue. But I don't know if it's related or not...

In Firebug I see that the open/close states are done with a gif (so I don't see that changing the colors would affect that). In Firebug when I inspect the element and mouse over the text highlighted below, I get this message "failed to upload the given URL."

#Kunena a.open {
background: url(""../images/expand.gif"") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
display: block;
height: 15px;
width: 15px;

Website template is Cloudbase 2.0

I am also including the configuration report as requested--attached as a notepad .txt file. Hope that works. (Moderator's comment: No, it doesn't work because we can't read BBcode; readability issue fixed)

Thanks so much for the help!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 3000 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 360M

Joomla default template details : ca_cloudbase2_j17 | author: CloudAccess.net | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: July 27, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.7 configuration report in message

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
See many problems reported to us with Cloudbase templates: >>> here <<<

Perhaps one of those topics may help? :unsure: I suspect that the fix for this particular problem is to read read msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first . Because you are using, essentially, a Rockettheme template, it's probably a case of setting Build Title Spans = Off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roboff

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by Roboff
I actually did read that article about Cloudbase templates, and, in fact, I couldn't even get Kunena to work at all until I did what it said...which was to turn Build Title Spans = Off. Magically, everything seemed to work then... or so I thought. I haven't run into any other issues on the forum at all and I have been testing it out pretty thoroughly over the last few days since installing.

Likely this issue relates to the 'title spans off' setting. For some reason, I didn't even think of that. :blush: Initially I thought it had to do with the CSS changes I made, but then I realized it couldn't be that because the toggle details were gifs. I probably just didn't notice they were missing until that point.

Anyway, thanks for the response. It clues me in that it is probably template related.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
If the Cloudbase template is making a complete mess of things, you could try adding the following lines to the end of your site template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena a.open { background: url("../images/expand.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; display: block; height: 15px; width: 15px; } #Kunena a.close { background: url("../images/shrink.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; display: block; height: 15px; width: 15px; }

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by Roboff
Good idea. I will try that. I have a testing site that has Kunena installed with a Cloudbase template. I'll try it there first.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by yuzef
i visited your site.
i saw that your CSS contain this tag : &quot;

tried remove it.. in both #kunena a.close and #kunena.open and the toggler button will be there work perfectly

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Roboff
It certainly does seem to work in Firebug, but when I make the same change in the site CSS and save the changes, it reverts back to &quot again.

Very frustrating...

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by CheechDogg
Clear your cash or use F5 to refresh your browser. A lot of times you might have some type of cache plugin that doesn't allow the change to take effect right away.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by Roboff
I did try adding the code as suggested, but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate any suggestions. :)

I have read all through the #1 and #2 Wiki articles, but they relate in much of the content to K1.6. I thought I read somewhere that K1.7 already had updated Mootools. In any case, I don't have "System - Mootools Upgrade" in my Plug-in Manager (no reference to Mootools at all).

So, I understand that this issue relates to the Cloudbase 2.0 template. I suppose I am stuck with this issue unless CloudAccess is willing/able to give me some help. :(

Interestingly, I have a test Joomla site that has the same Cloudbase template on it and the same version of Kunena. It is not experiencing the same issue. Can't account for that. However, I did update this test site already to J2.5 (after Kunena installation though) and I'm not experiencing any issues with Kunena that I've been able to identify so far.

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by Roboff
Good suggestion. I just learned recently about the F5 refresh. However, issue still remains after refresh.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds