Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Kunena Customization Help

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #112756 by sunny33days
Hi, I don't think I need a whole new template, on the Index page I just want to swap the order between the numbers with the "Topics" and "Replies" text. Basically on the main index forum page it seems backwards to show the number counts first, then the Replies or "Topics" text underneath that. I'm surprised others haven't wanted to correct that order. I just thought there is some code I could quickly tweak for this. Perhaps a CSS or HTML tweak.


I'm also having a problem understanding how to remove "Categories" from the Forums title tag. Any idea how to do that? The Kunena index page is also my homepage, however it automatically adds "Categories" before my homepage's title. How do I fix that?
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sunny33days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #112758 by sozzled
In respect of your first question, I don't know the answer because I don't understand the question. If you show a screenshot of what you've got and what you want to change around, I might be able to better point you in the right direction.

In respect of your second question, the topic was basically dealt with - perhaps it was dealt with in an inconclusive manner - but, nonetheless, it seems as though it's not as easy as people may have thought. As I understand it, from reading that topic, the issue should be more easy to address with K 2.0 which is the project that the developers are currently working on. K 2.0 is still a little while away (don't ask me for an official release date - none of us knows the answer to that question).

Sorry if I can't be more helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #112826 by sunny33days
Can you tell me when Kunena 2.0 will be released? I am actually also having a lot of problems with Community builder and the current version of Kunena (mainly Groupjive) so I believe this will solve a lot of problems for me. I believe Community Builder needs Kunena 2.0 before they can release their new version of Community Builder to fix the Group Jive issues.


I'm not sure how else to explain it, in regards to changing of order issue, I just want to swap the order of "Topics" and "Replies" titles with the numbers. This number order seems backwards/inversed (at least in the English language), however I'm attaching a screenshot per your request.


Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sunny33days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #112829 by sozzled

sunny33days wrote: Can you tell me when Kunena 2.0 will be released?

We've had a lot of discussion about that (you can search the forum) and, no, I can't tell you when it will be released.

sunny33days wrote: I am actually also having a lot of problems with Community builder and the current version of Kunena (mainly Groupjive) so I believe this will solve a lot of problems for me. I believe Community Builder needs Kunena 2.0 before they can release their new version of Community Builder to fix the Group Jive issues.

I that the story from Joomlapolis ? If so, I haven't heard it. Do you have a page reference for that information?

Let me get back to you on your original question. Thank you for the screenshot. I'm a little clearer on what you want do to now.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #112836 by sunny33days
I may be incorrect or misread it. In their Professional support forum last week they were talking about releasing Groupjive 2.5 soon but still need to wait for it. Groupjive 2.4 is the current version and they've been talking about Groupjive 2.5 being released soon but needing to wait until Kunena 2.0 being released before they can test its integration. I may have misinterpreted it, they may not need to wait for Kunena 2.0, that was just the impression I got from reading the thread though. I could also be wrong, perhaps the next release is going to be 2.4.x as a temp fix for the Groupjive issues and 2.5 at a later date after Kunena 2.0 comes out, not sure.

I don’t think I can paste the forum thread publically though, as its paid forum support access.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #112839 by sozzled
These other issues about GroupJive are off-topic to the original question you asked (although I'm happy to deal with them as best I can). As I said, your report is the first that I've read about this. If that's their opinion, then that's their opinion. I have nothing further to add.

I still haven't looked into question that you asked at this time. I need to find out which file you will have to modify. Just remember, of course, that any modifications made by you are at your own risk and (unless you create your own template) they will probably be lost whenever you upgrade Kunena. If you create your own template then your changes will be preserved when you upgrade Kunena. It's my guess that, depending on your knowledge of how to build a template file, it will take you a couple of hours to build the template.

I'll let you know what I discover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds