Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Kunena Customization Help

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by sunny33days
Hi, I like the way the default Kunena template looks, except for the the "Topics"/"Replies" and "Views" and the associated numbers font sizes and the fact the numbers are shown first, then the label names are below them. I would like to swap positioning of the Topics/Views text labels with the numbers. Meaning, it seems more professional to me if the words are shown at the top of the cell and the numbers are either to the right or below these label names. Kind of like phpbb and the other popular forums I guess.. I think I figured out how to change the font sizes, but I can't figure out how to place the numbers below these text labels. Any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sunny33days
Is there no one in support than can help me with this?

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by sunny33days
*Bump*.. Anyone alive at Kunena?

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Yes, we're alive. What's your problem? :dry:

This is a community-driven, self-help forum. Our job as moderators is not to solve technical issues but to put people in touch with information that may help them. We encourage everyone to pitch in and help one another.

It may assist the process if you showed a screenshot that illustrates the problem and what you're trying to achieve. Thank you.

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by sunny33days
Basically my topic wasn't answered by anyone.. I'm trying to swap the order of Views, Topics, and so forth with the actual numbers? I believe forums look better with the actual number counts below the titles.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
I don't understand the issue (and it's possible that others may be just as unsure as I am). As the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words". From what I have read, it looks like you need to create a custom Kunena template. There is some information in the Wiki on how to create a custom Kunena template. I must admit that I haven't tried to build one (it's a bit too difficult for me) but I'm sure there are dozens of freelance programmers who would jump at the opportunity to build something for you if you offered to pay them. Or maybe someone has already built what you're looking for? I'm really only guessing that this is your solution. Perhaps, if we knew more about what you're trying to do, we might have better advice than what I've written. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #7 by sunny33days
Hi, I don't think I need a whole new template, on the Index page I just want to swap the order between the numbers with the "Topics" and "Replies" text. Basically on the main index forum page it seems backwards to show the number counts first, then the Replies or "Topics" text underneath that. I'm surprised others haven't wanted to correct that order. I just thought there is some code I could quickly tweak for this. Perhaps a CSS or HTML tweak.

I'm also having a problem understanding how to remove "Categories" from the Forums title tag. Any idea how to do that? The Kunena index page is also my homepage, however it automatically adds "Categories" before my homepage's title. How do I fix that?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sunny33days.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
In respect of your first question, I don't know the answer because I don't understand the question. If you show a screenshot of what you've got and what you want to change around, I might be able to better point you in the right direction.

In respect of your second question, the topic was basically dealt with - perhaps it was dealt with in an inconclusive manner - but, nonetheless, it seems as though it's not as easy as people may have thought. As I understand it, from reading that topic, the issue should be more easy to address with K 2.0 which is the project that the developers are currently working on. K 2.0 is still a little while away (don't ask me for an official release date - none of us knows the answer to that question).

Sorry if I can't be more helpful.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #9 by sunny33days
Can you tell me when Kunena 2.0 will be released? I am actually also having a lot of problems with Community builder and the current version of Kunena (mainly Groupjive) so I believe this will solve a lot of problems for me. I believe Community Builder needs Kunena 2.0 before they can release their new version of Community Builder to fix the Group Jive issues.

I'm not sure how else to explain it, in regards to changing of order issue, I just want to swap the order of "Topics" and "Replies" titles with the numbers. This number order seems backwards/inversed (at least in the English language), however I'm attaching a screenshot per your request.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sunny33days.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled

sunny33days wrote: Can you tell me when Kunena 2.0 will be released?

We've had a lot of discussion about that (you can search the forum) and, no, I can't tell you when it will be released.

sunny33days wrote: I am actually also having a lot of problems with Community builder and the current version of Kunena (mainly Groupjive) so I believe this will solve a lot of problems for me. I believe Community Builder needs Kunena 2.0 before they can release their new version of Community Builder to fix the Group Jive issues.

I that the story from Joomlapolis ? If so, I haven't heard it. Do you have a page reference for that information?

Let me get back to you on your original question. Thank you for the screenshot. I'm a little clearer on what you want do to now.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds