Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged Removing "categories -" from page title

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by f0CUS
Hallo,

Id like to know what file to edit if i want to remove
"categories -" from my page title.

Ive searched on google and ive found a few posts here,
this one was the most promising:
www.kunena.org/forum/4/8173-page-title-w...egoriesq-as-homepage

But it seems that the code have been changed too much these past 2 years for it
to be usefull.

So, can someone tell me which file to edit, and what to look for?
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I would like to know a bit more about your forum. As mentioned in the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page, you can help yourself to help us to help you faster if you give us a little more information.

This support category is intended to be used to report serious defects in the Kunena product or to help people make the standard Kunena product work when everything else they've tried has failed. The support category is not intended to be used to ask for how to tailor the software to one person's unique requirements.

Saying that the code has changed a lot in the past 2½ years is a little "fuzzy": there have been thousands of lines of code and dozens of releases in that time. It would help if you could give us your configuration report so that we know what we're discussing. If you don't know how to do that, please read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

The page reference you gave refers to a very old version of Kunena. I don't think that advice is current any more.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3 by f0CUS

sozzled wrote: I would like to know a bit more about your forum. As mentioned in the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page, you can help yourself to help us to help you faster if you give us a little more information.

My bad, i didnt think it was relevant for you to point me at the right file to edit.
EDIT: Reading the report i see it contains nothing of relevance to finding the file im asking for help in finding.

sozzled wrote: This support category is intended to be used to report serious defects in the Kunena product or to help people make the standard Kunena product work when everything else they've tried has failed. The support category is not intended to be used to ask for how to tailor the software to one person's unique requirements.

Im sorry, where should i go then to get help for this?

sozzled wrote: Saying that the code has not changed much in the past 2½ years is a little "fuzzy": there have been thousands of lines of code changed in the past 2½ years. It would help if you could give us your configuration report so that we know what we're discussing. If you don't know how to do that, please read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

The page reference you gave refers to a very old version of Kunena. I don't think that advice is current any more.

I didnt say id hadnt changed much. I said it had changed too much for me to use the link i gave.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : yougrids | author: Youjoomla LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 10-01-2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Login 1.6.4

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by f0CUS.
More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
The word "categories", in this case, is associated with window title when you open the Index view. From a support angle, the discussion relating to these "page titles" is here: page titles which, from the looks of it, was not very conclusive. In simple terms, there's was an issue with K 1.6 (that was not fixed in K 1.7) that will not be properly addressed until K 2.0.

However, having written that, it's possible if you want to dig around the source code, to change the manner in which the standard Kunena software creates this window title. However, once you make changes to the standard software it's your job to maintain things from one version of Kunena to the next.

I'm not exactly sure which file controls this function. Perhaps someone else might be able to answer it better.

Topic moved to the Templates and Design category.
More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by f0CUS
Cant one of the developers tell us what file and what line that adds "categories -" to the page title?
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #6 by fxstein
Hi,

This has been a Kunena default for a while and is to some extend based on some of the history of the project. Kunena 2.0 will change this.

If you are interested to see the code your self and change it to your likings go here:

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-1.6/blob/master...na/funcs/listcat.php

Go down to the part where you find this:
Code:
//meta description and keywords $metaDesc = (JText::_('COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES') . ' - ' . $this->config->board_title ); $metaKeys = (JText::_('COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES') . ', ' . $this->config->board_title . ', ' . $kunena_app->getCfg ( 'sitename' )); $document = JFactory::getDocument (); $cur = $document->get ( 'description' ); $metaDesc = $cur . '. ' . $metaDesc; $document = JFactory::getDocument (); $document->setMetadata ( 'keywords', $metaKeys ); $document->setDescription ( $metaDesc );

COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES is the text string that in English contains "Categories"

You can change the entire logic, or just the title here:
Code:
$document->setDescription ( $metaDesc );

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by fxstein.
More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by f0CUS
Code:
/*$metaDesc = (JText::_('COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES') . ' - ' . $this->config->board_title ); $metaKeys = (JText::_('COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES') . ', ' . $this->config->board_title . ', ' . $kunena_app->getCfg ( 'sitename' )); $document = JFactory::getDocument (); $cur = $document->get ( 'description' ); $metaDesc = $cur . '. ' . $metaDesc; $document = JFactory::getDocument (); $document->setMetadata ( 'keywords', $metaKeys ); $document->setDescription ( $metaDesc );*/

Even if i comment out line 51-59 the "categories -" arnt removed from my page title:
www.aggressive-gameplay.net

www.mtfastdl.dk/screenshots/categories.jpg
More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by f0CUS
I think its a bit worrying that one of the developers doesnt know how to remove the "categories -"
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled
I haven't tested this for myself but I would say that you need to change the file ../com_kunena/funcs/listcat.php and remove the bits that you don't want to use. For example:
Code:
$metaDesc = ($this->config->board_title );
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by f0CUS
That is what fxstein suggested.

And what i tried...

But even if i comment out the whole section it have no effect what so ever...
Time to create page: 0.497 seconds