Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Big blank space under the ktopmenu

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by nuk11888
Hello! I'm very new to joomla and apologize if this is the wrong forum section...
I am using Kunena 1.6.5 and Joomla! 1.5.23 and everything seems to be working except that
there is a large white box with nothing in it below the ktopmenu bar...
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my template, which is a very edited default beez template
but can't seem to figure it out...
[IMG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here is my configuration report...

Warning: Spoiler!

any ideas on removing the white box? like where id have to fix the coding on css and stuff?
thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
You're using localhost so we cannot see what's the issue. General rule is to user FireBug (available for FireFox) to see where the issue is located and what CSS rule overrides Kunena rule.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by nuk11888
I have firebug but could you tell me what i should be looking for?
When i inspect the white box and go to the css tab it is under mediaboxAdv.css
and the code it brings up is

#mbTitle, #mbPrevLink, #mbNextLink, #mbCloseLink {
color: #000000;
display: inline;
font-size: 12px;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 20px;
}

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Usually you need to go up in the html tag tree until you find the first item that has the huge empty space. There's also more rules than one that applies to the current item. You just need to play with it a bit (FireBug always highlights the items) and you will find probable causes for the issue. Then just edit the CSS and look what happens..
The following user(s) said Thank You: nuk11888

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by nuk11888
alright ill try going through the html code ><

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by nolla
you should comment out "clear:both;" in div: #Kunena div.kblock

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by uli27
Hi,
I have the same problem.
After the installation it worked well.

After I had installed different other forum software from the joomla extentions webpage, the kunena forum has a big blank space under the topmenue.

What file I have to change back?

Uli

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
G'day, uli27, and thank you for your interest in Kunena.

uli27 wrote: After I had installed different other forum software from the joomla extentions webpage, the kunena forum has a big blank space under the topmenue.

So you say you know what caused the problem - you installed different other forum software from the JED - and now you don't know what to do next? I don't know what "different other forum software from the JED" means but I would contact the author of that software and ask them for an answer.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 1.661 seconds