Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Lag after submit

More
12 years 8 months ago #31 by rich7424

but this happend with a vanilla install of Joomla! 1.7 and Kunena 1.6.5.

Covers all of the information needed. Vanilla means fresh install, so what I did to replicate this matter is:

I have two web servers so I tried this on both. Installed the latest Joomla! with a fresh download from their website. Then without installing anything else, I did the same for Kunena. Went to the forums, clicked new post, typed in some random garbage, then hit submit. Upon hitting submit I get about 3/4 a second of a screen with my main menu bar items in a bulleted list format in the top left, and then it redirects to my submitted post.

Also the link that you posted leads to a 404 page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #32 by rich7424
Quick update to this issue, after a bit of testing on multiple machines running multiple operating systems. This appears to only happen on IE9 in Windows 7 machines. Chrome and Firefox have no issues regarding this topic on any operating system version.

Have installed fresh versions of both Joomla! and Kunena 3 times now to confirm this. It wouldn't be an issue if about 90% of the world didn't still use IE, but people tend to use what comes on their computer so.

More
12 years 8 months ago #33 by sozzled

rich7424 wrote:

but this happend with a vanilla install of Joomla! 1.7 and Kunena 1.6.5.

Covers all of the information needed.

If you say so. We would still prefer that people post their unedited K 1.6 configuration report - it may help us to help you better - but it's your choice if you don't want to do that. There's not a lot more that I can suggest in this case. Good luck and I hope you find the cause of the problem.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34 by rich7424
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 1000 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : default| author: Author| version: 0.0.1 | creationdate: 2011-08-15

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 8 months ago #35 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Lag after submit
*** Topics merged ***

Thanks for the information. It seems that your issue has been reported before. It's something that affects J! 1.6 sites and (from your report) J! 1.7 sites. This issue will be dealt with by a future version of Kunena. I don't have any more information than that, sorry.

More
12 years 7 months ago #36 by ProtoPC
Replied by ProtoPC on topic Re: Lag after submit
Yes, confirmed same lag/refresh issue is there with J1.7 as well as J1.6...just fyi...no reply needed.

More
12 years 7 months ago #37 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Lag after submit
Fixed in K1.7.0. :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #38 by ProtoPC
Replied by ProtoPC on topic Re: Lag after submit
K1.7 also works great for me. Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds