Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Lag after submit

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by tgotch
Lag after submit was created by tgotch
Many times my site will process for a long time (10-30 seconds) from the time I hit submit until it redirects back to thread.

Anyone know what might cause this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by Jake405
Replied by Jake405 on topic Re: Lag after submit
Well it could be your web host, or on the otherside it could be the template in most cases. Do you have the default template?

Also what is you're site name so I can see any problems.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #3 by ProtoPC
Replied by ProtoPC on topic Re: Lag after submit
I also get a refresh/lag after any Kunena submit in IE9 and in IE compat mode ... removes template styling for a moment then refreshes ok...but looks odd...Kunena is the only component doing this. Clean K1.6.4 install...with J1.6.3
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by ProtoPC.

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Lag after submit
G'day, ProtoPC, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page and make sure that you include all the information requested in order for the community to help you with your problems. Thank you.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #5 by ProtoPC
Sorry you probably need a url to test against.

Clean K1.6.4 install...with latest J1.6.3

Briefly lose page formating when submiting a forum post.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by ProtoPC.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
Please read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page and make sure that you include all the information requested in order for the community to help you with your problems.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #7 by ProtoPC
deleted test site info

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by ProtoPC
Was that the info you needed?

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thank you for your configuration report. We have received one or two other reports about odd behaviour in J! 1.6 - those were not posted on the forum and so I can't give you a reference to them, sorry.

I don't remember if the situation (in the other discussions that I've had) occurred with the particular Joomla site template that you are using or not. You might like to test with another template to see if it's a template-related problem. I haven't seen any such issues, myself, using K 1.6.4 J! 1.6.3 and the Beez20 template. I'm not saying that you don't have an issue; I'm merely saying that I don't know what's responsible for it.

One thing that your report does show is that you seem to have a problem with uddeIM. What version of uddeIM do you have installed on J! 1.6.3?

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #10 by ProtoPC
Running latest uddeIM 2.3/hotfix1 with the latest Yootheme version of Corona. Kunena is the only component with this lag on input...clears all site formatting then submits.

Also only does this input bug in Joomla 1.6. I have the same site built in Joomla 1.5 with Kunena and no issue.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds