Kunena 5.2.2 released (13 Jan 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.2 [K 5.2.2] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.2

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Lag after submit

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #21 by ProtoPC
Replied by ProtoPC on topic Re: Lag after submit
Had some time today to do a clean Joomla install with the latest Yootheme template...no extra extensions added beyond the Yootheme default demo. Same issue with IE9 when posting in Kunena. Lag and loses all site formating for a few seconds while posting in Kunena. So either a conflict with the latest J1.6 Yootheme sites in IE9 or with J1.6.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by ProtoPC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #22 by ProtoPC
Deleted Yootheme template and installed bare bones Rockettheme template on a new J1.6.3 install...no other extensions added...same Kunena css/lag post issue in IE9...when posting the entire site clears all css formating for a few seconds showing just text links.

Also does same thing with default Beez2 template in Joomla 1.6.3 and Kunena 1.6.4 in IE9...no extensions added...so has nothing to do with a 3rd party template. Conflict has been Kunena 1.6.4 and Joomla 1.6.3 when posting in IE9.

More
9 years 7 months ago #23 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Lag after submit
As you know, there are broken "things" in J! 1.6.3. These "things" may be a show-stopper for you using J! 1.6 or using Kunena and we have to accept that. It ultimately may come down to a question of deciding which is more important at the time: the version of Joomla or the version of Kunena.

As you have also found, this is an issue that only seems to involve IE9 and that, too, may be a factor in making your decision. The Joomla core team is aware of certain issues in IE9 that affect J! 1.6 and some of these things cannot be fixed until Microsoft fixes problems with Internet Explorer.

Our choice of webhost or, in some cases, an individual person's ISP and internet connection, can also make a big difference in terms of performance.

All of these factors may influence how you decide to build your site. If you know that you will not experience these problems using J! 1.5.23 and K 1.6.4 then it may make those decisions easier. That's why it's important to understand why the following information was put in the K 1.6.4 release notes :

If you are in any doubt about whether J! 1.6 is right for you, you should test K 1.6.4 on J! 1.6.3. to form your own opinion of whether J! 1.6 is best for your needs or whether you should use something else.

I will ask the development team to try to isolate the cause of the problem. I cannot say if, or when, we will have an explanation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24 by sozzled
The issue does not arise in K 2.0 which does things differently. If this lag is a show-stopper then I recommend K 1.6.4 on J! 1.5.23 or wait a couple of months until K 2.0 is released.

More
9 years 7 months ago #25 by ProtoPC
Thank you...good to know this will be fixed in the future. I will definately wait for that Kunena 2.0 version.

More
9 years 7 months ago #26 by sozzled
As long as you are aware that K 2.0 will not be publicly available for several more weeks or a couple of months. :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #27 by ProtoPC
This is my test J1.6 venture site only so no issue there. I only use J1.5 for actual client sites at this time.

More
9 years 5 months ago #28 by glassparman
Replied by glassparman on topic Re: Lag after submit
Wondering if I am having the same issue?? I DO NOT USE IE 9. After submit, I get the following screen for about 2 seconds and then the page refreshes on its own and all is well.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : rt_modulus_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: June 1, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder: The file doesn't exist comprofilej.xml !

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:

More
9 years 5 months ago #29 by rich7424
I searched for this, and found nothing, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I'm noticing that when creating/replying/editing a post, once the submit button is pressed, it throws me to a white page that shows a list in the top left of my "main menu" items, and then continues on to the site as normal, showing the posted item.

Unfortunately I cannot give a link to my forum, but this happend with a vanilla install of Joomla! 1.7 and Kunena 1.6.5.

Is there any way to have this not happen as it is quite visually unappealing and it has been brought to my attention several times by coworkers.

More
9 years 5 months ago #30 by sozzled

rich7424 wrote: Unfortunately I cannot give a link to my forum, but this happened with a vanilla install of Joomla! 1.7 and Kunena 1.6.5.

Unfortunately you haven't given us very much to work with. We ask, when people ask us these kinds of questions asking for support, to read the posting guidelines (they're printed at the to of this page) and to post their configuration report when they submit their question.

I suspect that the problem is probably a third-party SEO/SEF product (like sh404SEF). You might like to read How to diagnose blank page on kunena . In the absence of any specific information about your website, that's about the best that we can do in these circumstances. Sorry.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds