Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "WARNING: Currently Create Menu will break all but default menu alias/link pointing to Kunena Menu."

More
13 years 7 months ago #11 by sozzled
There is one further point that I would like to add. Although it may seem complicated the way that we've tried to describe the solution to this I-messed-up-my-Kunena-menu-how-do-I-restore-it problem the procedure to fix the problem takes 1 minute. I've actually talked people through this situation and, in less than 5 minutes, they've had their K 1.6. sites working again. It's really not that difficult if you follow the steps that we've described, one step at a time. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #12 by burnedscott
I pressed it the first day i used kunena and it did nothing, but a different time i pressed it, and it created the menu item, its a buggy button i guess. I'll ry doing the remove all permanently then creating menu link again but i already tried that and it just made a 404 :/

More
13 years 7 months ago #13 by burnedscott
wait does this include the Kunena Menu? (not the one linked into the main menu i mean the actual Kunena Menu itself)

More
13 years 7 months ago #14 by sozzled

burnedscott wrote: I pressed it the first day i used kunena and it did nothing, but a different time i pressed it, and it created the menu item, its a buggy button i guess.

Defective menu is a more likely conclusion. As I suggested, there may be more to this problem than meets the eye. Your Kunena template may be having an undesired influence on things. I can only go from my experience using the standard Blue Eagle template. Sorry, but that's all that I can do for you.

More
13 years 7 months ago #15 by sozzled

burnedscott wrote: wait does this include the Kunena Menu? (not the one linked into the main menu i mean the actual Kunena Menu itself)

Everything, mate. The Kunena menu, yes ... that's what we've been trying to tell you.

More
13 years 7 months ago #16 by burnedscott
Oh rite, sorry i misunderstood XD, and erm.. do you think if i customised the colour of the CSS items in the default template just like i did with the template i have now i could have a similar appearance to my current template?

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #17 by sozzled
I'm only interested in closing out this topic. I just want you to have a working menu - any menu - after that you can change it any way that you like.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #18 by burnedscott
I deleted all of them even from the trash can so theyre completely gone, then i clicked the create menu once i made sure all kunena menu items, and the main menu items were completely gone, now its back to my kunena forum being a 404 when i click the freaksofanime.com/forum
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by burnedscott.

More
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #20 by SpencerK
Hello.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 7M

Joomla default template details : bulks_template_final02 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-04-18

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Installed (Version : 2.2.5.964) | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

I have just clicked, by mistake - late night, the "Create menu" button - and now my entire forum is broke. I cannot access any pages, I have tried reconnecting with menu links - everything leads to "Page is not redirecting properly". I cannot for the life of me believe that clicking one button has totally ruined my forum links. Surely there should be some notice on the button? Some warning this could happen?

I'm using Joomla 1.5.23.

So, apparently (please excuse my frustration here) - after clicking that one button - my entire forum which I have spent days sorting out and all my posts, everything is now dead. Through clicking one "Create Menu" button by mistake?

Have I got this right?

Nothing, nothing, I try works.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by SpencerK.

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds