Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "WARNING: Currently Create Menu will break all but default menu alias/link pointing to Kunena Menu."

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #21 by SpencerK
Hello.

I would cry if I was not laughing so hard. I, mistakenly, clicked the "Create Menu" button in the control panel. Now my entire forum is broke. I cannot create links to any page, no existing forum links work. Even when I actually try link via a menu link to the newly created forum links I get "Problem loading page - Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

How can such a dire, critical, issue such as this not be listed clearly anywhere on the control panel "create menu" button that such a thing could happen if you click this link.

Is there a fix for this I cannot find, I have been searching for hours. Just the thought of having to recreate my entire forum, losing all my posts, because I mistakenly clicked one wrong button is extremely worrying.

Thanks.

EDIT: I choose to reinstall my entire site again from a backup. But this issue should be documented, or displayed better.

Thank you anyway, please delete this post.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 7M

Joomla default template details : bulks_template_final02 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-04-18

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Installed (Version : 2.2.5.964) | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by SpencerK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #22 by sozzled
G'day, Spencer. I'm sorry to hear that, in a moment of "click-happy ignorance", you managed to cause the kind of problem you now have. Fortunately the remedy is fairly simple (as I've mentioned several dozen times before). I would like to refer you to something I posted only a few moments ago in another topic: No forum links working, forum visible but cannot view posts .

What is important to the project, however, is that using the Create Menu feature (when you already have a working Joomla menu) should cause any problem ... let alone the problem that you now seem to be having. However, as I have written on many occasions before, if you should find yourself in this situation, the solution is easy: trash all your existing Joomla menu items that contain references to your Kunena forum; delete the menu trash; use the the Create Menu feature.

I will also ask the development team if this kind of click-happy action should cause the kinds of problems that you seem to be having and if there is a way to prevent people from doing these things accidentally.

More
12 years 9 months ago #23 by stuart
Hi

I seem to be having the same problem as discussed here. If I turned off the 3 SEO settings under Global Configuration I am able to access Kunena.

I had made some minor alterations to my .htaccess file so I changed it back to the standard file distributed with Joomla 1.5.22 and turned on the 3 SEO settings and was still unable to access Kunena.

I turned them off again and as a result of trial and error found that Kunena was OK when (1) use apache mod_rewrite and (2) add suffix to URLs were turned on, but the moment that I turned on Search Engine Friendly URLs I was unable to access Kunena. This is with a standard Joomla distributed .htaccess file.

I would like to be able to use SEF URLs on my site so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Apache: 2.2.17
PHP: 5.3.5
MySQL: 5.5.9
Joomla: 1.5.22
MS Server 2003 R2
:(

More
12 years 9 months ago #24 by sozzled
It is more than likely, stuart, that you have not properly defined your Kunena menu links and that is why turning off SEO seems to work. Please see what I have posted about the trash-burn-build technique to restore your Kunena menu and you will then be able to reactivate Joomla SEO.

More
11 years 11 months ago #25 by cyberrick
Replied by cyberrick on topic Clicking on forum hangs
When I log in to the forum and click on "Welcome Mat" the system hangs and seems to try and go there but never does. Here's the link: mtnwestdesign.com/index.php/forum/2-welcome-mat . This is after a fresh install of 1.6.

Please help.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #26 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Clicking on forum hangs
G'day, cyberrick, and welcome to Kunena.

K 1.6.3 is not supported.

I visited your site and you have a few problems; the main problem - the problem that you've asked advice about - is caused by the way that you've set up your Joomla menu.

I suggest that you uninstall Kunena and then install K 1.7.2. Please read K 1.6 & K 1.7 Installation Guide . If you really must have your own forum menu item (instead of the one that is installed for you as part of the installation procedure) then read Customised menus .
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds