Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question SOLVED:: Unable to move posts/replies to other topics + more rel. issues

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by danss2
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : sekretwhitegrayclean11 | author: Dan A | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2011-12-30

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.13 | Jomsocial 2.4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.0-RC1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.2 | Kunena Stats 1.6.2

Hi all :)
My forum worked very well last almost 2 years, through all the upgrades and stuff, and I just noticed couple of days ago, that some of my replies post into wrong topics. As soon as someone clicks on "Reply" to open editor, right away can notice, that the system put's him into a different topic, then the person was reading and presses "Reply" from.... Also, when I try to moderate the post, to move it into correct topic, it loads completely different reply to move....
I have done quite a bit to the content on the site in the last month, such as installing K2 and redoing all the content to work with K2 and stuff, but did not do anything to the forum....
Any one ran into this kind of issue before and figured out the way out? I can't seam to find anything even remotely related to this issue throughout the forums anywhere...
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by danss2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
You have issues with your Joomla menu. You have two menu items with the same alias. I suggest that you first simplify your Joomla menu. See How do I restore my Kunena menu?

You are using old versions of Kunena Latest and Kunena Stats. Please upgrade to the version compatible with K 1.7.1

I hope this helps.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by danss2
That was fast... :-)
Thank you, Sozzled, I'll try your suggestions and report back

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by danss2
Ok, did that and it did not change anything... :-(
One more thing i forgot to mention: one of the topics disappeared and now shows the name of that topic as a sub-topic in every topic (at least ones I tried)...

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
Very peculiar. Joomla menus are not the easiest things to work with. Problems, as you have described them, are related to Joomla menus and Joomla SEO.

There is no harm in using customised Joomla menus, as long as you observe certain rules. These rules are described in Customised menus . If you have followed those rules then you should have no problems. I prefer to start with a known baseline, that is, a simple Joomla menu. You have a more complicated menu than what exists on most sites.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #6 by danss2
Hmm,... but I'm not using Kunena menu module at all... Haven't been for a long time....
Or does it matter?
Edit - in the course of the changes i made past month or so, i did change couple of buttons in the main Joomla menu...Bu they had nothing to do with Kunena, though....
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by danss2.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #7 by danss2
Here are couple of snapshots of the topics names

on this one, you can see that the topic (that I was referring in the beginning), that disappeared and now comes up as a sub-topic, randomly in other, completely un-related to it topics...

and on this one - the same thing, plus... this is the same "Welcome" topic as in the above pic, 3rd page in it, all of the sudden shows that im replying to completely different topic.
And I'm not using menu to navigate through topics, instead I use one to get to "Main" category and then just use categories and topics names from the list of categories and topics...
Attachments:

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #8 by danss2
One more thing I noticed by trying: looks like any topic I open and try to post reply to, in the reply screen/page it shows that I'm replying to my "Welcome" topic instead (showing that topic below the editor window...)..
And, btw, I did disable SEF in Global Config.(just to see if that would effect it in any way), ... and it did not do anything
I guess at this point I do not understand how SEF (SEO) "helps" mess this up.... And the fact, that I do not use my menu to navigate through the forum...
I do see, however, that topic's URLs are full of unreadable gibberish (could it be due to the fact, that the topic names are in russian?... But then again, all of my categories are in russian language as well and they are displayed correctly in russian...)...

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #9 by danss2
Anyone?
I did fix the links by replacing one of php files, now they look good, no gibberish :)
And now i can clearly see the redirect happening, when I click on "Reply". BTW, I did get my menu fixed as well.
More discovered: whenever I try to move any reply from one topic to another, it always gives me my first post from "Welcome" topic, instead of one I, actually, clicked "Moderate" on...

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by danss2

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds