Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Could not instantiate mail function

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by fishwitch
I get this error message after clicking on "Register" along with this error message...
"Registration failed: An error was encountered while sending the registration email. A message has been sent to the administrator of this site."

I am running the site from my localhost on my computer .. could this be the reason for these error messages?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by Mortti

fishwitch wrote: could this be the reason for these error messages?

yes

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by fishwitch
LOL.. thank you.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by SympliG0th
I received this same error. Live site.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
Please read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page and include all details that relate to your problem. Have you searched the forum for "could not instantiate mail function" and what makes you believe that this problem is confined only to Kunena and not, in a broader sense, to mail problems that you might be having elsewhere on your Joomla website?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #6 by jfabitz
Why are you being so rude and pointing everyone to a search that just takes you in circles and doesn't really answer or even address the problem?

Unless I'm missing something? Maybe you could point us to the EXACT thread that answers the question or solves the problem? I think most people are smart enough to try a search first - and wouldn't post unless they couldn't find the answer to their problem.

I have the same issue. If I go to the "Mass Mail Users" option in the User Menu of the Joomal Admin Page, I can send emails just fine. So what is the problem with Kunena? I don't see any special email settings just for Kunena, yet it is the only place in Joomla that sending email is not working.

I'm using the latest versions of both Joomla and Kunena.

Here is what appears at the top after each post is made...

Could not instantiate mail function
Your message has been successfully posted.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by jfabitz.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
I don't understand what is particularly difficult about following a few simple guidelines that help you to help us to help you more efficiently and effectively. If you don't want to follow those guidelines then that's OK but this also means that help will be less forthcoming. It's your choice. It's not rudeness on my part; I'm just trying to help. I'm sorry if you don't think that my help was useful to you.

When you look at my contribution to this forum (compared with your contribution to this forum) I think that you'll find my help has always been given freely, fairly and always politely.

In all probability, your problem is probably caused by a misconfigured Joomla website. However I'm not going to make any assumptions in the absence of detailed facts. If you don't want to provide those facts then you're quite welcome to try your luck at the Joomla forum where they'll ask you the same questions.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #8 by jfabitz
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 16M

Joomla default template details : ja_t3_blank | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.6 | creationdate: August 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.0 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0 | Kunena Stats 1.7.0 | Kunena Login 1.7.0 | Kunena Search 1.7.0

Does that help? I have a thing about posting information like this on a public forum. And my eyes are getting bad as it is without trying to figure out what I don't want to include in that "information" for all to see.

It just seems strange that sendmail WORKS in Joomla and not Kunena - yet you blame it on a bad Joomla configuration. I tried using both PHP Mail and SMTP. Both/either work fine in Joomla - but I get the same results in Kunena.

OK I see you have some sort of script running to reformat that and "hide" sensitive info - I HOPE.

Why does the report say SMTP mail when I have PHP Mail set as my mailer in Joomla?

I don't treasure your job - whether voluntary or otherwise - and i know what it's like to deal with "stupid users". been there - done that many times. (I'm 60 and been into programming since the mid 80's). I just think you come across as a bit rude sometimes - though I know how "short" one can become after doing what you do all day. People don't want to go through any more work than they have to in order to get an answer to a problem. You're just dealing with "human nature".
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by jfabitz. Reason: question/comment after reading posted report

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled
I did not say that your problem was caused by a badly configured Joomla website; I meant that it was a possibility that shouldn't be excluded. If you bear in mind that Kunena is used on hundreds of thousands of websites around the world, each site using a different combination of Joomla extensions, versions of software, webhosting platforms, database engines, PHP support, etc., and (on the vast majority of those websites) other people do not have the kinds of mail issues that you have, then we need to consider anything and everything.

Thank you for your configuration report. I see that you have annotated your report with a number of querulous comments. You're perfectly entitled to object to providing us with the information we requested (as I mentioned in my previous post) but that does not necessarily give you the right to abruptly call into question our motives, either. I acknowledge your long career in information technology; perhaps (if you looked at our team page ) you might acknowledge the wealth of expertise and free advice here that is available at your disposal, too.

I shall pass this topic along to the development team where, I sincerely hope, that one of our experts may be able to to follow-up this matter with you.

Yes, the
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by 810
you don't have a SMTP User

regards 810

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds