Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug [Problem assumed resolved - no response from user] Kunena Offline?

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by amarks
Kunena Offline? was created by amarks

I have Kunena installed, but for some reason it went offline by itself. It won't let me go into configuration to put it online. Is there a way to do this from ftp?

I tried installing 1.7 extension again and same message. I have custom things done on kunena and can't lose it :-/

Please help guys?

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by amarks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Kunena Offline?
Kunena goes offline until it has been fully installed. In this point it hasn't yet copied the files or updated database.

Looks like this is new installation. :)

Don't let text in the green box confuse you -- it's a mistake in language file. So just click it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amarks

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by amarks
Replied by amarks on topic Re: Kunena Offline?
I clicked that on a copy of my site and it reset everything and made kunena look different... I can't have that happen.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Of course it does that. Files included in Kunena package are not meant to be edited. If you want to modify template, you should copy it into another folder and rename it. In that way you will keep your changes.

As our documentation says: you need to be prepared that all files in Kunena distribution gets overwritten on every update. That's true with all software -- if we wouldn't do that, you would probably have broken site after customizations.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by amarks
I don't mean just customizations, but all of the forums, categories, posts, etc. They all disappear

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by Matias
I thought that you have new forum, not existing one. OK, that explains it..

Kunena itself doesn't remove any data unless you uninstall it from Kunena installer. That option will destroy everything you had as it's meant to be used only if you really want to get rid of Kunena.

So what have you done? Are you trying to migrate from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 with JUpgrade? If you are, there is a bug in JUpgrade 1.2.1 which prevents Kunena from importing.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by amarks
It was already at 1.7 and online. This happened once earlier too... it just goes offline. That is why the "install 1.7" is not available, because it already is 1.7.

Is there a file in ftp can can put the forum online? Because I can't access through configuration on backend.

Thanks Matias

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by Matias
You get this message also if tables (jos_kunena_version) in the database become unavailable (broken or destroyed). If this happens, Kunena just cannot work, because it believes that it hasn't been installed. In this case Kunena is also put offline.

Another reason may be that you have used automatic update function from Joomla 1.7. It has a bug as it doesn't run post-installation script, which means that our installer doesn't run. In that case you need to do it manually just after upgrading Kunena.

You should be able to install Kunena 1.7 as many times as you want to -- there's nothing that prevents it as installer automatically detects which version you have installed. But the option should be upgrade, not install...

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by amarks
How do I do it manually? Would you be able to help me do this if I give you my ftp? I would greatly appreciate it.

More
12 years 6 months ago #10 by amarks
Would you be able to help me with this?

Time to create page: 0.650 seconds