Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question We are getting empty subjects threads in our forum

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by Kounosuke
Hi Kunena fans,
we are having some problems with our forum.

For some reason we don't know, some members of our forum are able to post messages without subject.

Is there any way to avoid this? Is there any way to stop this from occurring.

The forum is in Spanish but you will easily find those threads:
www.libertya.org/comunidad/foro-libertya/5-discusion-general

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pablo
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
please disable css compression on your template, or plugins.

regards 810

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by Kounosuke
Hi 810!
thanks for your reply.

All CSS compression disabled.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pablo

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #4 by 810
Please update to K 1.6.5 and update Gantry to the lasted version.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor change (K 1.5.6 -> K 1.6.5)

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by Kounosuke
Give some time, I'll post you back, when ready.

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
This is the second case I've read about this happening. It would be interesting to locate the common cause if one exists. See also Post title does not appear under recent topics!

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by Kounosuke
Hi sozzled!
thank you for your reply.

I saw the post you mentioned. And I found that, for example, at this post:
www.libertya.org/comunidad/foro-libertya...a-sobre-libertya-erp
Original post subject was: ¿Quien Capacita sobre Libertya ERP?
Then I deleted "¿" from the post subject and it become visible. (in Spanish we use an opening question mark "¿")
Following post in the thread still not visible because it contains "¿"

Just for testing purpose, I tried editing an invisible subject post and saved it with no changes, to see if just reopening a message was enough. But it was not. It stayed with an invisible subject.

So I tried with this another post with invisible subject:
www.libertya.org/comunidad/foro-libertya...al-emitir-la-factura
Original post subject was: Abrir cajón dinero al emitir la factura.
I deleted final dot "." just to see if changing subject a little fixed it. But no, it stayed invisible. So I replaced "á" with an "a" and subject title became visible. Yeah!
Like before, following post titles kept invisible unless one replace accented character "á" with "a".

Now, the odd thing here is that, if you take a look at the posts at this category:
www.libertya.org/comunidad/foro-libertya/5-discusion-general
you will find that many posts used accented characters with subject titles like:
- Migraci​ón desde Tango Gestión
- Grave problema: Pasa mal los números al ticket
- Proyecto de Actualizaci​ón del Manual Libertya

So... it is weird...

Now we know how to fix it, but I'll keep one post unfixed so you can take a look.

Any help?

Pablo

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
G'day, Pablo, and thanks for your reply. We might get to the bottom of this after all. :)

Could you possibly give us a couple more details, please: your K 1.6 configuration report would be helpful (see the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page for more information). Can you also tell us what is the type (e.g. MyISAM) and collation (e.g. utf8_general_ci) used for your Kunena database tables (you can use phpMyAdmin to find this out).

It is possible to use special/accented characters in the topic title in Kunena. You can experiment here, in the Playground category: start a new topic, in one of the ways you've mentioned you've done at your own site, and see for yourself.

More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by Kounosuke
Here is the report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 50M

Joomla default template details : rt_tachyon_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.3 | creationdate: February 15, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Installed (Version : 2.2.7.981) | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

As soon as server administrator provides me with the MySQL information you asked, I'll post you back.

Pablo

More
12 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled
Please upgrade immediately to K 1.6.5.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds