Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Email Notification Links Do Not Go to Login Page

More
12 years 1 month ago #31 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, kylepond, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question is still waiting fore an answer from the community about how to attend to this matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #32 by sozzled

freedomcoach wrote: When users on my website receive a notification e-mail that someone has posted to a topic for which they are subscribed, they click on the notification link but are not taken to a page on which they can subscribe. If the user is not logged into the site it seems to me that the link becomes useless from the standpoint of the Kunena if it does not at least send the user to a page where they can log in.

The whole point of a notification link is to take the user to the forum post they wish to read. If they can't access the page because it is restricted and limited only to registered users than the obvious first step is for them to login. If they're taken to a useless page that tells them that they must be a community member in order to read the post, then they have to backtrack Finder login page, login and then once again find the post.

If this is the best that we can do, why bother with the notification link? Why not have an e-mail that simply says log in and go to this page? I would like to know other people's experience here. Please respond and let me know what notification links on your site do. What is the expectation or the norm of notification links?

I realise that this is a very old topic and I apologise to the rest of the community for reviving it (when the topic is locked and there is no possibility for anyone, other than the forum moderators, from replying).

Recently I made a few discoveries about the "Remember Me" feature in Joomla (and we discussed those things in the topic Why does the "remember me" box not work as expected on my website? ).

I wonder if there is a way of working around the "email notification links do not take you to the login page" problem by using the Joomla Remember Me feature. Theoretically, if people login with the Remember Me checkbox selected, if they perform any kind of activity on the site (even after their Joomla session has timed-out) they will be automatically logged-in again.

That's my understanding of the theory. Perhaps someone might like to test the theory to see if it works around the problem that we discussed over three years ago. Maybe that's the solution?

(Please start a new topic in the K 3.0 General Questions category to discuss your findings.)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds