Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Email Notification Links Do Not Go to Login Page

More
13 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
Ahhhh ... thank you for providing the vital clue: e-mail!

Yes, I've seen this question asked before. There isn't a way for this to happen with K 1.6. I've merged your question with another one on the same topic. This is about all that I can do at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #12 by woonydanny
ok yes, that was the same question as mine. i think actually that i saw this on @quila's personal site. I think it was a hack done before K1.6 which i thought was being included in K1.6 but it doesnt seem to have been.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
13 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
As far as I know, peetree21, this particular question/issue remains unresolved and without a solution in K 1.6.

More
13 years 2 months ago #14 by freedomcoach
Hi Sozzled:

Any idea why this issue is so difficult to resolve? In our earlier discussions, we both established that a fundamental Joomla characteristic is that a user is taken to a login page whenever attempting to go to a registered only article, right. Yet, with a page in Kunena, the user is not taken to a login page on my forum when clicking on a kunena post URL. This is still an unresolved issue.

The other related issue mentioned below has to do with being redirected to the desired post after logging in. They are both aspects of the same underlying issue. What prevents Kunena from handling requests in the same manner as any other Joomla link?

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 2 months ago #15 by sozzled
I don't know whether this issue is technically difficult to resolve. Technically-speaking, this is too difficult for me, personally. There may be other reasons that prevent this issue being resolved - perhaps the priorities of the development team may not permit a shifting of priorities at this present time.

The current focus of Kunena is to produce a version that is fully compatible with Joomla 1.6. This is a big job; the result of this effort (if it all goes according to plan) will be K 1.6.3. The next main focus is to completely overhaul Kunena so that many legacy issues are resolved - this will result in Kunena 2.0 and the plan is to deliver this within a three-month window.

I understand your interest in this matter and we appreciate your patience. The matter has been flagged but I don't have an update on the situation for you at this time.

More
13 years 2 months ago #16 by freedomcoach
Hi Sozzled:

I can appreciate the fact that the development team has a lot of priorities and for whatever reason this is not making it to a high position on the list. I will patiently await the time for this to be addressed.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 2 months ago #17 by woonydanny
i found what i was looking for www.kunena.org/forum/144-k-15-hacks-tric...n-kunena-login#25979

it is a hack by @quila

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
13 years 2 months ago #18 by sozzled
The hack that you refer to was written nearly 18 months ago (which places it around the time of K 1.0 or K 1.6) and therefore would not work for K 1.6 even if you tried to use it. However, the bigger difficulty is that the link to the download is disabled, so you can't obtain it, anyway. Sorry.

More
13 years 2 months ago #19 by woonydanny
I am quite capable of reading and realise exactly what it is and when it is from. I was saying that I have found what I wanted to achieve - the login screen

If you further read that thread, @quila has said that he can provide the login screen hack for K1.6 as it is not fully incorporated in K1.6

More
13 years 2 months ago #20 by sozzled
Oh, sorry. You were looking at the last message in that topic! I merely followed your link (which pointed to me to the second message in the topic). No wonder I was confused.

FYI, no hacks are officially endorsed by the Kunena project.

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds