Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Uncaught Exception: Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent

More
12 years 11 months ago #11 by Satchi

sozzled wrote: G'day, Satchi, and welcome to Kunena.

Satchi wrote: Now J 1.6 and Kunena don't seem to play nicely together.

K 1.6.4 and J 1.6.3 work. There are some issues that remain with J! 1.6 that affect many Joomla extensions and prevent many extensions from being able to fully take advantage of everything that J! 1.6 was intended to offer. Kunena is affected by these by these deficiencies of Joomla to a slightly greater extent than other Joomla extensions are affected simply because Kunena is a very complex piece of software.

Ok, so I need to make sure I am J1.6.3+ minimum. Thx.

Satchi wrote: I really wish now I had never upgraded. It worked like a charm at the older versions.

What was it you upgraded and what was the version you upgraded from. Are we discussing an upgrade of Joomla or an upgrade of Kunena? What, specifically, "worked like a charm" in some older version(s).

J 1.5 + older version of Kunena... happy as 2 peas in one pod... never an issue. I upgraded to J 1.6, Jomsocial 2.2 and K 1.6 and now, I'm thinking about dumping it all and moving back to Drupal. This is a terrible experience. imho.

Satchi wrote: I still can't use the configuration tools or the template manager

I'm sorry but this topic may not be able to help you. Maybe you should start a new topic for each of the specific problems that you seem to be having.

Well, considering it's the failed installation that is the issue and won't allow me to move on with anything ... this is exactly the thread to be in. This is what's happening to all of us.

G'Day indeed. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #12 by sozzled
I'm assuming that your migration from Joomla 1.5.xx -> J! 1.6.3 failed. Am I correct in my assumption?

Migrating from J! 1.5 -> J 1.6 is a major issue. Yes. We all agree on that point. Migrating - which is very different from upgrading - from one version of Joomla to another can be a real headache if the plan is not properly executed. I assume that you made a good backup of your old J! 1.5 site (with, K 1.5.something) and you can restore it? Yes?

On the other hand, what would you be willing to pay if I could create a website for you, with J! 1.6.3 and K 1.6.4, that worked, that had no "menu problems", and do it in less than one hour?

More
12 years 10 months ago #13 by sickbxy
This error is still present. I attempted to install a fresh install of K 1.6.4 onto a brand new installation of J 1.6.3. The installer created the menus then kicked back this error.

More
12 years 10 months ago #14 by Rockbox
Hi I have installed Kunena several times on various Joomla versions and never had a problem, but I have now!
I've read many of the threads in the forum regarding this issue and tried to get this working, but still no luck.
It use to be sooo easy to install.
I can install it, but when I link to a menu I get.....
"Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent"
I'm using the following;

XAMPP 1.7.3!

PHP Built On Windows NT COMPUTER 6.1 build 7600 ((null)) i586
Database Version 5.1.41
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.1
Web Server Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 1.6.3 Stable [ Onward ] 18-Apr-2011 23:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

More
12 years 10 months ago #15 by sozzled
G'day, Rockbox, and welcome to Kunena.

As a background to my response, please read Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP)

Because you are using XAMPP, I'm going to tell you how to fix your problem. You will need to be prepared for the possibility that, if you make a mistake, you could totally destroy your XAMPP-based test site.

Using a tool like phpMyAdmin, locate the table jos_menu. Browse this table looking for every record that has an alias of "forum" as well as anything else that looks like it might relate to Kunena and delete all those items. Using Joomla's Menu Manager, delete any other menu items that you may have that relate to Kunena. Try to re-install K 1.6.4 on your J! 1.6.3 test site.

More
12 years 8 months ago #16 by khidr
This is definitly not the answer. I did a completely fresh install using the fantasico installer, no sample data. The very first thing I did after that was to install kunena. Again the alias in root error. There must something wrong in Kunena

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds