Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] Default Template Not Loading - [Disable RokGZipper Plugin]

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #1 by trechriron
I upgrade the forums on a website I'm working on from 1.5.x to 1.6.4. The upgrade worked great, I migrated the data first, then selected finish.

I found a template to use; pizcar.in/joomla/kunena/56-argentrc-dark-kunena-template

I used the template manager to install the template.

I then set it to default.

I refreshed the expired cache, refreshed my browser cache, and clicked the link. The template is acting like the old "custom" template from 1.5.x. It won't load the default template.

I changed the template to the default Blue Eagle, and it still looks terrible.

How do I get the new template to take affect and ditch the old settings? Or refresh? Please help, it worked on my local test site using XAMPP on localhost, but not on my provider. :-(

Site URL: (this is a temp url) - 184.154.229.15/~btrc4757/index.php/forum

My Configuration Settings;

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : rt_dominion_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.11 | creationdate: December 8, 2010

Kunena default template details : ArgentRC Dark | author: Gonzaunit | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-08-20

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by trechriron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by trechriron
Good morning (from Sunny Henderson NV)! :D

Anyone else having trouble with getting templates to work/refresh?

Any ideas what I can do to fix it?

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by Matias
Above template is too old and it doesn't work anymore because of some security fixes in Kunena 1.6.2. Just try to find new template that has been tested in latest versions.

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by trechriron
I uploaded several and tried to load them. It doesn't change anything. It looks the same.

What am I missing?

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by trechriron
I tried enabling the mootools upgrade. That didn't impact anything, and it breaks the Rocket Theme template.

I have uploaded several templates, and the look is generally the same. On my sandbox, the templates appear as they do in the pictures, but on the production site, they all look basically the same.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by trechriron
I have uninstalled, removed all files, and installed fresh.

The template looks NOTHING like the previews. It's somehow blending with the Rocket Theme template even though that option is not enabled.

Please Help!!!

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by trechriron
I noticed that the configuration record is not saving to the database. Is this the problem?

More
12 years 10 months ago #8 by trechriron
SOLVED!! :woohoo:

The record does save to the database when you save it the first time.

I had to disable System - RokGZipper plugin. Once that was done, everything loaded like a champ.

Wow, how annoying.

So. Where ARE all the Kunena developers/admins/experts anyways? :side:

More
12 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled

trechriron wrote: I had to disable System - RokGZipper plugin. Once that was done, everything loaded like a champ.

Yes, that's the one!

trechriron wrote: So. Where ARE all the Kunena developers/admins/experts anyways?

Asleep, probably. To be honest, the development team are fully occupied at the moment dealing with J! 1.7 and K 2.0 issues. That's not to say that no-one has an interest in J! 1.5.x and Mootools-related issues like you discovered, but that's just the way things go sometimes. Life, eh? What a pity when it gets in the way of solving other people's problems.

Thanks for letting the community know what caused your problem (and for showing what caused it in the changed subject). I'm sure your hard work will help others.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #10 by Evopro
Hi

I just wanted to let all know that run Rocket Theme templates (Gantry) and who sees problems with their Kunena templates.

Unpublish the System - RokGZipper Joomla Plugin and see if this helps. I have encountered this problem on a few sites now and unpublishing this plugin always fixed the problem.

Best Regards
Johan Niklasson

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds