Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved KunenaLatest Topic first post

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 3 days ago #1 by mikefriendly
I have tried loads of combinations but I cannot seem to get the Kunenalatest 1.6.2 module to show the original post text of Latest Topics.
It always seems to show the post text of the latest post to a topic rather than the text of the original topic post like the old latest module did.
Can you please help me?

Joomla 1.5.22
Kunena 1.6.3
Kunena Latest 1.6.2

The only difference that I can see between 'Latest Topics' and 'Latest Posts' in the 'Module Output' is the 'Re:' before the output !

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field title jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field text jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field section jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field href jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field created jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field keywords

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 16M

Joomla default template details : rt_afterburner_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: 08/07/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Installed (Version : 1.5.9) | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.4) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 12 years 3 days ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Mike. I'm trying to understand what is the problem here.

I see that you are trying to use the Kunena Latest module. Even though I have not used the Kunena Latest module myself, and I don't know very much about it, in my simple, intuitive understanding of the words "Kunena Latest module" I would have thought that the purpose of this module was to display the latest messages posted on your forum. That's what I would have thought.

I don't know much about "the old latest module" except that, until K 1.6, there has never been such a module that was endorsed, supported or maintained by the Kunena project.

So, I will repeat my question: what is your specific problem with how the Kunena Latest module was designed to work?

While we have your attention, please look at your K 1.6 configuration report and attend to all the issues shown in red font. In particular, please read the very important information about using legacy mode and stop using legacy mode as soon as possible,

You also have some issue involving uddeIM. You should fix that too.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #3 by mikefriendly
G'day and thanks for your quick reply sozzled.

I will attend to the issues in the K 1.6 configuration report; I first ran it just before posting this topic.

What I would LIKE to show is the first post (original) of the Latest Topic so that my members can see what the Topic is about.
The module appears to show the last post of the Latest Topic.

I do realise that the module may well be doing exactly what it was intended to do.

If I could be pointed towards where the post is selected, in which file, then I may well be able to adapt it myself. My concern here is that I do still want to show the single latest post from a Topic when the module is set to 'Latest Posts'!

Thanks again,
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by mikefriendly.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled

mikefriendly wrote: What I would LIKE to show is the first post (original) of the Latest Topic ...

... but that's not what the module is supposed to do, is it? You want to see the latest post, then you use the Kunena Latest module. If you want to show the context, then let people click the link in the Kunena Latest module and they will be able to view the post within the context of the topic. I still don't quite understand what you want changed in the way that the Kunena Latest module currently works.

Perhaps you are confusing the Kunena Latest module with the RSS feed options? There are options in the RSS feed that allow you to see the original message that relates to topics that have been recently updated with new postings. Does this help?
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #5 by mikefriendly
I do appreciate now that what I am asking for is not what the module was intended to do but would like some help to maybe adapt it.

The module offers a choice of what to display:
  1. Latest Topics
  2. Latest Posts
  3. No Replies
  4. Category Subscriptions
  5. and more options...
What I would like to show when the 'Latest Topic' option is selected is the 'Latest Topic' post rather than the latest reply to that topic. My desire is to show visitors what the latest topics on my site are.

Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can adapt the module please?
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #6 by krumz
Hello,

New to this forum and to using Kunena. I am using joomla 1.5.23 with Kunena 1.6 and the newest Lastest Topic module.

So far I am liking everything just fine, it's easy to set up, and although the site really isn't live for posting yet, it seems to be working as I'd hoped.

My only question about this module is it is showing the most latest posts as it should but when I login to the forum - the posts go away and it says there are no post to display. I am not sure why this is and have been unable to find a solution.

Can you possibly help me out?

Thanks.
krumz
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #7 by sozzled
G'day, Krumz, and welcome to Kunena.

There is an unwritten rule in online forums that says "don't hijack someone else's topic". In other words, when you post a question that is completely different to the question that someone else asks, dont!

The fact that when the Kunena Discuss module shows "the most latest posts as it should but when I login to the forum - the posts go away and it says there are no post to display" has nothing to do with this topic. It's off-topic. Please look at Kunena Discuss (P) and see if your question has been asked and answered elsehwere. I think it has.

Thank you. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krumz
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
mikefriendly: sorry about that interruption. Let's get back to your problem.

There is an easy way you can do this without using the Kunena Discuss module and I'll show you how.
  1. Go to Forum Configuration » RSS » RSS Settings » RSS Feed type = By topic

2. Click the RSS Icon at the bottom of your forum page and make a note of the URL. It will look something like http://<your-domain>/forum/rss?format=feed.

3. Go to Module Manager and add a New module of type Feed Display. Give your module a Title and assign it to a module Position on your site template. You can also tailor how many words to display in your feed module.
There's only one drawback to this method. The Kunena RSS feed can only show these updates if the topics were created less than 1 year ago. Therefore, if a topic created over 1 year ago is updated, there will be nothing to show. While not perfect, this is an adequate workaround.

Did you fix your legacy mode and database collation issues? Are you satisfied with our answers?
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikefriendly
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #9 by mikefriendly
Thanks for this sozzled, it sounds like the answer to my troubles! B)

I'll try it later and attend to those issues as well...
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #10 by mikefriendly
I hope it is ok to add this to this thread!

I am trying to turn off legacy mode as advised and have removed PuArcade which I know needs it and causes problems.

When I turn off the System - Legacy plugin then I get the message:
Direct Access to this location is not allowed.
So I have it turned on still!

I have Googled this and tried a few of the tips but to no avail.

Any ideas please?
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by mikefriendly.
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds