Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Breadcrumbs Hide

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by thesinger313
I've searched around and only found this in K 1.5 but the solution didn't work for me.

1) I want to hide the Kunena "you are here" breadcrumbs.

2) and i would like to add a "Private Message User" Link to each post (this is less important, currently using uddeIM)

3) I also would like the make the small "PM" icon on user profiles more visible by making either a text link or new larger image (which i could create)

I appreciate ANY help on these matters.
And I am VERY grateful for this fantastic software.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Breadcrumbs Hide
None of these are really what we would call "support issues". Please look at the category description of the support category and you will see what I mean.

(1) This is a site design issue; breadcrumbs is a standard feature. There is no "hide" facility unless you modify the CSS code to display: none the webpage element.

(2) The PM link is automatically added if you (a) have a PM system installed and (b) you tell Kunena that you have that PM system installed (look at the integration tab on the forum configuration page)

(3) This is, again, a site design issue. The PM icon, installed by the Kunena installation kit, is what you get. You can change this to something else if you don't like it.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by thesinger313
Replied by thesinger313 on topic Re: Breadcrumbs Hide
thank you Sozzled, Sorry if i posted this in the incorrect place.

i tried the fb.profilebox display none but nothing happened.

I'm not dreadful at coding but i am unsure which of the files call these features. (is it a kunena file or template file for instance)

I would be grateful if you could point me in the direction. for each file or even just the code at the start of where i need to edit,

Would it be beneficial to post my changes in case any other members where looking to do this or do you not allow the idea of changing your code?

It's purely design. There's nothing wrong with the current design but a lot of my members are older less computer knowledgeable people. I would like to make things as obvious as possible.

I do already have UddeIM intergrated but they're not noticing the small icon.

Many thanks.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
I hope I have pointed you in the right direction (because "pointing" is all I can do since I have not seen the situation at first hand, I do not know what, specifically, you have done). The best solution to your problems is to use a web design tool like Firebug for Firefox which will inform you, exactly, of the file(a) that you need to modify. We have made this same recommendation on several thousand occasions; it's a good recommendation! Get Firebug .

There is no fb.profilebox in K 1.6.x. What version are you using? You originally posted your question in the K 1.6 Support category - I moved it to the K 1.6 Common Questions category.

I don't know why the PM indicator does not appear if you have uddeIM installed and Kunena has the setting enabled in the backend. You do know, of course, that the PM indicator does not appear for your own posts, don't you?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by thesinger313
Again thank you sozzled. Yes, i'm sorry, i think you miss understand the UddeIM issue.

I do have the Small icon in user profiles and on each post. From my original post i had not noticed it and neither were my members due to the fact it is really quite small.
In the profiles i wanted to change the small icon maybe for a text link saying "private message user"

Thank you for the tip about firebug, but i use google chrome, and the "right click > inspect element" is this a similar feature or does firebug show the original PHP code used to create the page?

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
I asked you a question in my last messages - a question that you did not answer.

sozzled wrote: There is no fb.profilebox in K 1.6.x. What version are you using? You originally posted your question in the K 1.6 Support category - I moved it to the K 1.6 Common Questions category.

So, I will ask you the question again. What version of Kunena are you using?

None of the browser developer tools will show you the PHP code. That's not the point. The point is that you can hide the breadcrumbs by using CSS code and Firebug will show you the page element that you need to identify. For example, this will probably do the trick for you:

#Kunena .kforum-pathway {
display: none;
}

But this will not work if you are using K 1.5. Where did you get the idea that you change something about fb.probilebox? So, please, would you tell us what version of Kunena are you using?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carbonathus

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by thesinger313
I do apologise, I am using 1.6

I got the fb.profilebox from the 1.5 section because it was the only thing that related to what I wanted to achieve, and decided it would be worth a try. I'm unaware of 1.5 so don't know how much the code has been changed in the newer version.

Many thanks Sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
K 1.5 is a totally different product to K 1.6. That's why we have a section for K 1.6 issues and a separate section of K 1.5 issues. In a significant number of cases, "solutions" posted for K 1.5 will not work for K 1.6. :)

In your case, the "breadcrumbs" issue is addressed by the CSS code that I posted earlier.

I have no suggestions for your "PM" indicator issue at this time. Perhaps someone else has an idea?

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by thesinger313
Thank you Sozzled, that worked to a certain extent. although I still have the "You are here" with the walking man icon. although the pathway it's self has been hidden.

I will try and play around regarding the PM issue and post my findings.
Again, thank you for the firebug tip. I got the Firebug plugin for chrome.
I hope this topic helps some users wanting to achieve the same as me.

More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by thesinger313
Maybe the function? Could I comment this out? or would that cause other repercussions?
Code:
function displayPathway() { CKunenaTools::loadTemplate('/pathway.php');

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds