Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Breadcrumbs Hide

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Breadcrumbs Hide
The main repercussions involved with making those kinds of changes - any PHP code changes for that matter - are that you will have to do them again whenever you upgrade Kunena (unless you create your own template, which opens up a whole new discussion topic!) We've had many, many cases reported to us in the past that go like this: "Hi. I'm using Kunena-minus-100-versions-behind-the-current-one because I've hacked it about, and I don't think I can upgrade to the latest version any more. Can you please help me with ... " (you get the idea?)

If you change the source code then you are responsible for whatever happens after that (including our inability to provide you with support).

On the other hand, if you add the CSS code, like I showed you, at the end of your Joomla site template then you won't "lose" the change when you next upgrade Kunena.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #12 by carbonathus
Replied by carbonathus on topic Re: Breadcrumbs Hide
Yes Thanks sozzled your CSS solution is perfect with 1.6 ! no more breadcrumbs ;)

Personaly, i am going in the backend Kunena component -> Template manager -> select my template (Example Template)->edit CSS.

As this CSS are difficult to read, I copy all this CSS, paste in a write application and use the her search feature.

So I easily find the div kforum-pathway and add the line : display:none;

#Kunena .kforum-pathway{padding:5px;line-height:18px;margin:-5px 0 0;border-left:1px solid #BFC3C6;border-right:1px solid #BFC3C6;color:#000;background:#F2F1EE; display:none;}

After, copy all the text and paste in the CSS template manager. Enjoy !

BT

More
13 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Breadcrumbs Hide
There are two templates provided with K 1.6 they are the Blue Eagle (default) template and the Example template. Every time you upgrade K 1.6 there will be a new version of these two templates installed as part of the upgrade. Therefore, if you want to retain customised changes to either of these templates, you should create your own Kunena template or you should place your customised CSS into your site template.

More
13 years 2 months ago #14 by carbonathus
Replied by carbonathus on topic Re: Breadcrumbs Hide
Ah yes ! Thank you,

BT

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds