Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to make signature optional

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by extrannonces
when I edit my profile, signature is required, how to make it optional.

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
I have never heard of this happening before. :unsure: Can you please post your K 1.7 configuration report?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by extrannonces
I use version 1.7.2

the forum url www.compta-maroc.com/forum/index.html

configuration report

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: Jan 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by extrannonces.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for your config. report. I could not see anything obvious in that report that suggests to me why the signature field is required before you can save the profile.

I was able to remove the signature from my profile here (although we're using a different version of Kunena to you) and I restored it again.

Perhaps there's some Javascript library function that you've added (with another Joomla extension) that forces you to enter a non-null signature?

Do you have a test account that we can use? You can post it here, on the forum, using the confidential BBcode tag, like this:
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password:[confidential]
Maybe we can try to edit the test account forum profile to add, then remove, the signature?

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by extrannonces
You can use this one:

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
I will have a look soon. :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
I think your problem is caused by a Javascript library function. This could have been introduced when you installed jQuery or the K2 component.

I suggest that you read msg #1 of Common causes of Mootools (Javascript library) issues and Kunena in the Wiki and consider loading jQuery in no-conflict mode; you might also have to re-order your plugins so that Mootools is loaded before any other plugins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrannonces

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #8 by extrannonces
thank you very much for your help, I found the problem, when I did a test with another site template, everything works as it should.

thank you
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by extrannonces.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds