Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Direct accessing the kunena component and permissions.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by biowep
Hi, If I try to directly access the forum (?option=com_kunena) I can see the index page although the user would't have been allowed to see it through the menu item (/forum). Is it a mistake?
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
No it's not a mistake. You need to setup Joomla SEO to use SEF (search engine friendly) URLs. See Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #3 by biowep
Maybe I didn't explained properly. I have Joomla SEF URLs active and the user can access the page through the menu item (/forum).
The menu have an access option.
I tried to access the page "/forum" using an user that doesn't have got the right permissions. (I'm redirected to the login page)
If that user tries to view the forum, asking for "?option=com_kunena" he can view it.

The sistem is aware that the component was accessed directly because it shows an error message:
Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. No suitable menu item found.
Kunena Menu is missing: You cannot have menu in direct links pointing to Kunena component. You need to create menu item matching to this page.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by biowep.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
If you search the forum for "Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. No suitable menu item found." or if you search the forum for "Kunena Menu is missing: You cannot have menu in direct links pointing to Kunena component. You need to create menu item matching to this page. " you will find many posts that show you what you need to do. I am willing to bet you any money you like, you have not properly set up Joomla SEO including setting up your Kunena menu. Your configuration report may help us to understand more about your situation.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by biowep
I followed the documentation but I didn't solve.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : android-area | author: Biowep | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 10 February 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Any help will be appreciated.

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Your Kunena was not properly installed. Uninistall Kunena, trash (and empty the trash) all Kunena menu items in Joomla Menu Manager, and then re-install Kunena again. Publish your new Kunena menu again after that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: biowep

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #7 by biowep
Now I get two types of problems.

Sometimes
Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum (ItemID=149).
Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum (ItemID=149).
Please check your Joomla menus: Infinite redirect loop detected in /forum
Kunena Menu is missing: You cannot have menu in direct links pointing to Kunena component. You need to create menu item matching to this page.

Sometimes it works

And sometimes the page remains blank and I get this php notice
Notice: ob_end_clean() [ref.outcontrol]: failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete. in /var/www/vhosts/***mydomain***.com/httpdocs/plugins/system/debug/debug.php on line 79

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : android-area | author: Biowep | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 10 February 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
11 years 10 months ago #8 by Matias
Are you missing /forum (Kunena >> Entry Page)?

Like sozzled said, you should delete all menu items (in every menu) that are pointing to Kunena and empty trash (deleting isn't enough). After that recreate menu from Kunena backend. Then go into default menu (marked with star) and publish "Forum".

I hope that my advice was easier to understand than the previous one.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #9 by biowep
I'm not that stupid :D
I trashed all the elements in the kunena menu.
I emptied the trash.
I removed the kunena menu.
I removed the forum pointer in the main menu (the one marked with the star).
I emptied the trash again.
I uninstalled Kunena by trying to install it from the archive.
I deleted the content of the tmp folder.
I deleted the whole cache.
I refreshed the extensions installation page.
I installed Kunena again (from the archive).
I checked the menu items in the Kunena menu (all menu items are published)
I published the pointer to forum in the main menu.

If I continue to nativate through the menus and ask for "site/?option=com_kunena", Sometimes I get one of those 2 errors (I don't know exactly how to reproduce the error, it seems to be casual).

More
11 years 10 months ago #10 by Matias
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to say that you're stupid, just that you may have missed something.

Looks like you've done everything what I would have done. Is your site live or just a test site? Because of my next suggestion is to try Kunena 2.0 (in a test site) as it does routing in a very different way & it has some basic tools to check if there are any issues in your menus.

Your configuration report tells me that you're not using 3rd party SEF component. As we do not detect all of them, I would like to ask if it's true?
The following user(s) said Thank You: biowep

Time to create page: 0.628 seconds