Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Can't create new Ranks

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by Catacomber
I'm using Joomla 2.5.4 and Kunena 1.7.2.

I'm trying to create new special Ranks for certain users who have been around for a long time or done a lot of work in my forum.

When I try to create a new rank---I don't get an error warning or error message but I can't see the rank in the listing and if I try to apply that rank to a user, it doesn't show up in the available list of ranks.

First, I upload a picture for the special rank and then it gives me option of naming the rank and I do and click the box Special, save and close.

But that rank never shows up. Any help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Can't create new Ranks

Catacomber wrote: I can't see the rank in the listing ...

Which listing is that?

The user rank should appear on messages posted on the forum but this depends entirely on the Kunena template you are using. Which Kunena template are you using on your site?

Have you solved your problem about your "Invisible text" issues? :dry:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by Catacomber
Replied by Catacomber on topic Can't create new Ranks
Hi and thanks. I'm using the default template. : )

I did solve my problem with the invisible posts--I was using a Joomla template that had white text and didn't realize it carried over to the forum.

When I say I can't see the rank in the listing--I mean when I create a new rank after creating a new image file for the rank and save it---I never see that rank anywhere. It's as though it doesn't exist. If I choose a member and try to change their rank, I don't see that new rank I should have created in the dropdown list of available ranks.

This is not as important for me as other things. I'm really happy with Kunena but I'd like to keep my forum users happy and give them some special ranks. Thanks for any help.

This is my website:

www.catacomber.com

You can see that my people have ranks but no special ranks except moderator. : ( cause I can't seem to do it.

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catacomber

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by Catacomber
I did and was able to add one rank successfully. Now I have nine but I need more for those people I want to give special ranks to. The tenth one didn't work. Is there a limit to how many you can have? I'm trying. : )

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #6 by Catacomber
I got this to work---by shortening the name of the rank. : )

Who would have known? : )

Thank you for all your help Sozzled. I owe you a few virtual beers. : ) :kiss:

I also Thanked You--what exactly does that do? : )
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Catacomber.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Can't create new Ranks
Thank you: look at what it's done to my message above. ;)
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catacomber

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #8 by Catacomber
I see. Enjoy your virtual beer. : ) :laugh: :cheer: :ohmy: :lol: :kiss: B) My forum members are happy now.

I also see from your avatar that you often enjoy your virtual beers. A testimony to your helpfulness!!!!

:lol: Didn't notice that before. : ) Of course that could be a milkshake. ; )
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Catacomber.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds