Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] I forgot I changed something: my forum Index page works but other pages are redirected to my site home page but only with IE8

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 1 week ago #1 by happy
*** Topic split from Forum Index page works, all others redirect ***

I am having the same issue. I have tried to follow along with the instructions. Other than I could not find anything referencing "live site" to remove my site info. I can use any of the menus, but if I try to post anything (announcement, new topic) i am redirected to my sites main page, and nothing was created.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : redevo_aphelion | author: Red Evolution | version: 1.2.0.0 | creationdate: 01/10/09

Kunena default template details : SD-Radius | author: SnilloC Designs | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-03-28

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.13

Third-party SEF components: AceSEF: The file doesn't exist acesef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic split, subject changed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #2 by happy
Well, Using IE8, it does not work.

However, while waiting on a reply... I tried google Chrome, and it works. that is very strange. Does Kunena not support IE8?

More
12 years 1 week ago #3 by sozzled
The Kunena Blue Eagle template, written for K 1.7.2, works with IE8. The template that you're using may not. Please contact the developer of the Kunena template that you are using to see if there is a known fix/workaround for your problem. Thank you.

More
12 years 1 week ago #4 by happy
Hmm,

I tried that emplate too. The site was working with IE9, but now it only works with Chrome. Until I deleted all of my cache. Now it will update, but it redirects me to home page??? What in the world??? LOL.

Do you guys experience the same thing? Can you check it out?

www.romancemore.com

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #5 by sozzled
Let's get back to your original question.

happy wrote: Does Kunena not support IE8?

The Blue Eagle template works with IE8. You, however, continue to use an unsupported template for your website which may or may not co-operate with IE8. How many people who use IE8 have reported to you that they're experiencing this redirection problem? Maybe it's just you? :dry:

happy wrote:

If I try to post anything (announcement, new topic) I am redirected to my site's main page and nothing was created.

How would you like us to "check it out" (as you wrote)?
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 week ago #6 by happy
I have tried it on a few different machines. Different browsers. I tried it using the default template, and got the same results. I played with cookies, and everything else I could think of. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just redirects me back to the homepage of my site. It is very frustrating.

I was wondering if maybe you could try a sample post.

Is there anything in my report that shows any red flags? I dunno... Any suggestions? I can use just your template, that is fine. The template I use is listed on your site, I figured it would be supported...

More
12 years 1 week ago #7 by happy
example template is now being used so the unsupported template is no longer an issue.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #8 by sozzled
Let's keep it simple. use the default Kunena configuration, with the default Kunena menu, the default Kunena template and let's make sure that "basic" Kunena works for you on your site in exactly the same way as it works here at Kunena.org. After that, you can do anything you like. :)

You are not using the default, originally installed menu or template. Those are the classic "red flags"..

Just because a third-party template is listed in the KED does not imply that the Kunena project endorses it. We definitely don't support it and we can't properly tackle questions asked in the Support category from people who use such things. My suggestion is to get back to basics and try it out again. Read about how to set up Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) .

More
12 years 1 week ago #9 by happy
I figured out the issue...

Last year, I was having an issue being able to log in to my front end on some machines. I made a change to make sure that my session was always remembered.

I never figured out the real culprit till now.My sessions were not being stored in my own /tmp directory, rather than possibly the shared servers. I changed my php.ini file to reflect my own /tmp location. Then removed the change I had made to not always remember the session.

Apparently, the caused numerous sessions to be created for anyone logged in for some instances of IE, which has some of its own issues dealing with session cookies sometimes.

Voila, everything works, and my login works too without creating multiple sessions. YEA..
Thanks for your help. appreciate you listening to me.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #10 by sozzled

happy wrote: I am having the same issue.

I suggest that you read I have the same problem ... and this may help people understand that there's a big danger in hijacking someone else's topic.

I'm pleased you figured out the issue. :)

And the Example template is not a real template; the Example template is a "skeleton" - a template for a template - for you to build your own template on but, to be completely honest with you, I wouldn't use the Example template. I wrote that you should try the Blue Eagle (default) template. I don't see where I wrote that you should try something else instead.

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds