Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important K 1.6.3: Post message success but not loading current thread

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by hellilyntax
hi,
sorry for blurry title. i don't know how to make it clear in one sentence. :P
fyi,
im using j1.5.3 and kunena 1.6.3
im having this issue on certain thread. After post a message on a thread, it didn't load the thread but stuck at this screen:
[img]http://http://www.al-fikrah.net/media/kunena/attachments/63/redirect_error.jpg[/img]

after doing some investigation, i assume that the page stuck at kunena menu (without styles) but failed to show thread content.

it happen to certain thread. i cannot identify the polarity. some are long (many pages), some are short (5 replies).
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by hellilyntax.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by hellilyntax
after further investigation, i found that there is difference between success load and failed load.

here is the sample,

success load = mysite/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=32&id=2937&Itemid=139#3329

failed load = mysite/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=post&Itemid=139

now i need to know how this happen in order to solve this issue...
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Have you tried upgrading to K 1.7.1 to see if the upgrade solves your problems? See K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by hellilyntax

sozzled wrote: Have you tried upgrading to K 1.7.1 to see if the upgrade solves your problems? See K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide

i have successfully upgraded to 1.7 before but some problems occur after upgrade.
so i revert back to 1.6 by replacing the whole site.

i would be glad to have 1.7 on my site again. is there any simple way to upgrade and revert back in case there is a problem? replacing the whole site is not recommended.
More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
What problems did you have after you went to K 1.7.1? Would it not be a better idea to work through those problems?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellilyntax
More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by hellilyntax

sozzled wrote: What problems did you have after you went to K 1.7.1? Would it not be a better idea to work through those problems?

thanks for your concern.
the problem is, when i click reply button, the page didn't load the editor (textbox). there's maybe already solutions on this issue, but i don't want to interrupt my forum, so i decided to continue with 1.6.

if there is a way to rollback update, then i would try it again.
More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled
I don't understand how K 1.7.1 failed to load the editor textbox. Could you show us a picture, please. It sounds like a fairly easy-to-fix problem but I want to be sure that I understand what you are talking about.

It would also help if you posted your K 1.7 configuration report here, too. It would be a real help if you could provide us with a test account so that we can see the problem first-hand. You can post details of your test account by using the confidential BBCode tag, like this:
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password:[/confidential]
More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by hellilyntax
right now im using k1.6.
after discussed with you, i got an idea to setup dummy live site (copying actual content) on my server to test 1.7 upgrade.

this method will not interrupt live 1.6 forum.

after finishing this process, i will give you the information.
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #9 by hellilyntax
i successfully upgraded to k1.7.
so far the problem went away. let's hope its gone forever. ;)
the editor problem that i mentioned in previous post also gone.

i'll wait for more days to see the result.

thanks sozzled for your support.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by hellilyntax.
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds