Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Emoticon Problems

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by Dreeg
Emoticon Problems was created by Dreeg
Hi... I have two problems with Emoticon..

Kunena Version: 1.7.1
Joomla Version: 2.5

1) I don't find the way (even here on Kunena.org) to bring up the word / words "more emoticons" .. how do I show to the other emoticons that are not loaded into the tiller?

2) I don't see more emoticons in posts in frontend.. appears only: .jpg" alt="" />

P.S.
Why the Italian Section on this forum is locked?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Dreeg.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Emoticon Problems
See the forum announcement made yesterday:

Joomla has today released J! 2.5.0 and, as part of the release, informed all J! 1.7.x users of this availability and recommendation to upgrade. While we all welcome the announcement of J! 2.5.0 as the start of the next long-term release of Joomla, K 1.7.1 is not fully operable under J! 2.5.0.

J! 1.7 users will receive advice of the automatic upgrade availability of J! 2.5. They should be aware that, if they upgrade to J! 2.5.0, K 1.7.1 will not work without problems. These issues are currently being looked into by the Kunena development team. The Kunena team has been involved for the past three months in building and testing K 1.7.2 which is nearly ready for public release. K 1.7.2 has been tested to work under J! 2.5.0.

A public announcement will be made when K 1.7.2 is available. Members of the Kunena community are invited to subscribe to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena so that they will be informed by email when K 1.7.2 is available for download and upgrade.

The "more smileys" feature was removed in K 1.6 . K 1.7.1 displays all smileys (emoticons) and it's not too difficult to do this by changing your CSS. If you post your configuration report (see the posting guide printed at the top of this page for information on how to do that) we may be able to suggest a way to fix your problem with you. If possible, we would like a test account on your site to see what is happening. Can you provide us with a test account, please? You can post your test account information using the "confidential" BBcode tag, like this:
Code:
[configuration]Username: Password[/configuration]

The Italian category has been locked because there is no-one to moderate the messages in that category. See the category description for Language Specific :

Kunena speaks your language so check out our localised categories below.

Some of the following categories may be locked because there is no-one to moderate the topics. If you feel that you have the skill and the time to moderate any of these areas, please apply to join the Official Kunena Moderation Team. We apologise for any inconvenience that this causes.

When (or if) someone volunteers to be a moderator for the Italian category - and help the Italian Kunena community - then we will unlock that category.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreeg
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by Dreeg
Replied by Dreeg on topic Re: Emoticon Problems
Oh, ok.. Excuse the oversight..

For the account now i create, but i send you an PM :P

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: For other forum moderators who may be able to help, test account details included
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled

I do not see a problem with your site using Firefox or Internet Explorer. Can you please show me the problem? How many more emoticons are not being displayed? Have you read Smiley management ? Maybe you did not select the "emoticon bar" checkbox?

Attachments:
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #5 by Dreeg
Yes.. but the problem occurs after more characters and not with all emoticon..

Try to make a post with more emoticon..

P.S
I Know the "Emoticon Bar", but i can't put ALL emoticon here xD i want "All Emoticon" Button! xDDDD
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
There is no "more smileys" button feature in K 1.7.1. This feature (that was in K 1.5) was removed from Kunena in K 1.6.

You have no Kunena menu, either. Please see How do I restore my Kunena menu? .

You have a problem in the way that your smileys appear on your forum (see test posting on your site). Please read Smiley management . Possibly the problems you are having are because you are using J! 2.5.0. I don't know.
More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Dreeg
Yes, you have already described the removal of "More Emoticons". :( :(

With regard to the Kunena menu I chose to remove it to recreate it in the left bar :P

I'll wait K1.7.2 ;)
Thank You :cheer:
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled

Dreeg wrote: With regard to the Kunena menu I chose to remove it to recreate it in the left bar

Yes you did ... and you didn't. You actually made a bit of a mess of it. I suggest you read Customised menus

I still don't defintely know what has caused the problems you've got with your emoticons . I think it's something you have done in the way you went about setting them up in the first place - that is why I think Smiley management should help.
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #9 by Dreeg
I read yesterday that you had directed me, but I can't find anything new. I haven't changed anything about the emoticons, I just added some (meme xD)
More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by Dreeg
With Kunena 1.7.2 the problem is not solved :(
Time to create page: 0.571 seconds