Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 1.7 How to setup CAPTCHA for registered users

More
12 years 3 months ago #11 by sozzled
G'day, jhuynh, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read Using CAPTCHA spam protection in Kunena and the message posted before yours. (I merged your question with this topic.)

I hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #12 by walls
I need recaptcha when post message or topic. pls help me!
registered user need recaptcha in my kunena 1.7.2 forum!

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #13 by sozzled
Please read Using CAPTCHA spam protection in Kunena and the message posted before yours. (I merged your question with this topic.)

I hope this helps.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #14 by moscavi
Replied by moscavi on topic Problem with captcha
Hi,
First of all thanks for your great work...
I'm trying to make captcha work but I can't...
I can't see it when I register as a new user...neither when I post a message to the forum...
I hope I followed correctly your indication for the information you need...(file attached).
Thanks in advance...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 25M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : pure_white | author: JoomSpirit | version: 2.0 | creationdate: 23/03/2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Login 1.7.2

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.7 configuration report in message

More
11 years 11 months ago #15 by sozzled
G'day, moscavi, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read Please read Using CAPTCHA spam protection in Kunena . (I merged your question with this topic.)

More
11 years 11 months ago #16 by moscavi
Thank for your help...
I read your indication for ten times...I verified my parameters but I just can't get captcha to work for user registration...
I don't need it for inserting posts (they are all registered users...) but I need it for creating a forum user...
Is it the wrong place for this question?

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #17 by sozzled

moscavi wrote: I don't need [CAPTCHA] for inserting posts (they are all registered users...) but I need it for creating a forum user.

That's a different question to the one I thought you were asking. User registration has nothing to do with Kunena.

moscavi wrote: I'm trying to make CAPTCHA work but I can't. I can't see it when I register as a new user [and] neither when I post a message to the forum

When I read this I saw two questions; my reply to you was in response to the second of those questions.

In response to your main question - using CAPTCHA as part of a user registration procedure - please read How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? . Kunena is not responsible for user registration.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18 by rrlwebgroup
Replied by rrlwebgroup on topic Recaptcha issue
Greetings,

I have a website that I am having an issue on. I have Kunena 1.7.2 installed on Joomla! 2.5.4 and do not wish to use the stock Joomla! login. When I click on "Create a new account" in the Kunena forum, I get the following error:

ReCaptcha plugin needs a public key to be set in its parameters. Please contact a site administrator.

I have gone to the Recaptcha site and created the new keys and entered them in the admin area for Kunena and I still get the same error.

What am I missing in the setup or is this just a bug? In Short, how do I fix it?

More
11 years 11 months ago #19 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Recaptcha issue
To fix it, you need to correctly enter the reCAPTCHA key correctly. It's explained in K 1.7.1: How to setup CAPTCHA for registered users

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds